Non-diving husband

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grajan,

Just a skipper sounds just fine. I would feel better having at least one person that know what they're doing. I hope to take lessons one day but I rather not rely on the lessons to go on this sail/dive holiday.

My apologies for using the term solo - you're correct. I also have a buddy/husb to go with but we just recently been OW certified and didn't think we would be comfortable enough to go without a more experienced diver that knows the area. I guess because its still new to us. I'm sure that too will change with time/experience. Thank you again for the info. We are determined to do this so I may just PM you in the future. Have a great time in Bonaire! and Happy diving!.

If you are recently certified, diving with some more experienced divers makes good sense. Sounds like you will be good divers - attitude is everything.

However, this does not need to be a DM. That implies a commercial relationship and can be both expensive and a bit restrictive.

The best thing would be to try and find another diving couple with that bit more experience to share the trip with. That will be a lot more fun.

You're right again. And there lies the task..finding another couple...
Somehow I feel posting on this board will help. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom