Non-diving spouses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To me, a successful relationship is all about compromise...give and take. If one is always giving and the other is always taking, the one giving is going to harbor resentment.

That said, I say you go with her on this trip with the understanding that she goes on a trip that you choose next. If she is not willing to do that, then perhaps you take your own vacation and think about whether or not this relationship is worth saving.

Thanks for all your great responses guys and gals; you have been awesome! what i have decided to do is a 'guys only' trip on the first or second week of the new year, and then do what she wants during her time off (12/22-1/2).

so to me, i think that it's a great compromise and i'm still able to do what she wants; no diving involved. however, she's still PO'd that i didn't schedule this trip during her time off and take her. she still doesn't seem to get the $$$ issue for that timeframe along with the logistical problems, so not sure where i'm going here...

will keep you posted. when i come back from the EE with my ears frozen off and my (vegan) girlfriend complaining about why they didn't have any fresh veggies you'll know it wasn't too successful :)

erik

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom