Non diving wives in our little group

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PNW Dive Girl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Heading back to Cozumel in April with 2 other couples. The other wives don't dive and the husbands don't dive much. I'm looking for some activity ideas for non diving days.
ATV tour and good?
Other ideas for some land based adventure?
We'll be at El Cantil again. Just LOVE it!

Deb

We had three non-diving wives on our last trip. They really enjoyed cooking classes with Josefina. You can find information at CozumelMyCozumel. They went to the market, cooked, ate, and had margaritas. My wife brought some food back for me and it was really good. As you can see, we are not big on the "adventure" activities.

The museum is also worth a visit. It's not vey big, but it's pretty interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cooking class might be a great idea for all of us to do! Thank you!

You're welcome! We may do it this year on the last day, when I'm in the "do not fly" zone. It does take up most of the day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rent a convertible beetle from Margarita at ISIS and drive the southern Island loop. We did that on a day where I wasn't feeling well enough to dive. We stopped at the various bars along the way and anything else that tickled our fancy. It was a nice day to just be out and about in the sunshine.

rick

CozumelMyCozumel has a whole forum dedicated to things to do on the island. Things like:

Take the tours of San Gervasio, the Mayan Ruins, and the Tequila tour.

Spend a day at Chankanaab, walk through the Archeological exhibit, the Botanical Gardens, snorkle, see the Dolphin show, or just veg on the beach.

Go to Punta Sur Park, take the boat tour of the Mangrove Swamp to see the crocodiles, snorkel at the park (some of the very best snorkeling you can do on Cozumel without a boat).

Take the tour of Kaokao, the Chocolate Factory, learn how chocolate is made, buy some Mexican chocolate at the gift store.

Have breakfast at the Museum restaurant, then tour the Museum.

Go up to the Mercado on 25, wander through the stalls of the vendors, buy a Molcajete with the tejolote, for making your own guacamole or salsa (or grinding peppers and seeds for your own mole, if you are ambitious), some local artwork, or a hammock to take home. And have lunch at one of the little stalls -- delicious home made pozole, or, if you are really lucky, cochinita pibil or pava en relleno negro (a traditional Yucatan Turkey Stew, with a sauce made with black achiote paste - I adore that sauce).

Take a day trip to the mainland - Ferry to Playa Del Carmen, rent a car and drive down to Tulum to see the Mayan ruins right on the ocean, to Akumal to snorkel with sea turtles, or to Xel Ha.

Rent a car, or hire a taxi for the day, and drive around the Island, visit the wild East Side, with stop offs at the Rasta Bar, Coconuts, Chen Rio, and any of the blow holes that dot the East side, spouting up water when the surf rolls in. You can also take a detour off the main road on the West side on your way South to visit Cedral, a small local village a few kilometers in from the coast. And stop at Mezcalitos at the East end of the Transversal for a Margarita and some delicious barbecued shrimp.

Mainland: Coba ruins, a cenote and Tulum ruins

xplor.travel

PNW Dive Girl... APRIL trip? Heck, tell all of them to dedicate 2 weekends at their local dive shop and get all the classroom and pool training for their certification over with so they can do their 4 check-out dives in COZ! I can't think of a better vaca than that to do 4 open water cert dives in Coz and get PADI cards from a Coz dive shop! However, if that is not in the cards, DjDiver posted many great ideas and I am in agreement with most of them as we've done several over the years (aside from leaving the island and going to the mainland) and some of his recommendations we'll try on our next trip (thanks Dj).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom