Non Drift Options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's my take on this...

While I'm not a big fan of drift diving either, it's because I like to stop and look at stuff.

If thats the reason for her not liking it, thats fine. If she's blowing through air on a drift dive, it's either because she had an air leak, was swimming against the current or maybe she did not have good control of her buoyancy (very common with new divers). New divers often swim with both their arms and legs. You would be amazed how easy it becomes when you stop using your arms and get proper buoyancy on a drift dive. You're floating weightless in the water and letting the current push you along. A small movement of your fins for corrections. It's actually one of the more relaxing dives you can do.

Jim

I dont dive steel tanks.........AL 80's. :)

The shore dive at Chankanaab is an option. I did it in Dec and found it quite enjoyable.

Back
Top Bottom