Non-trip report in Pompano Beach FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SFDH does dominate now but there are others. Dixie Divers is just up US1 and has been good in my experiences. In the same marina is Diversity, although I've never used them. Pura Vida in Riviera is also good, and has PDC's old boats btw. My favorite for recreational is Parrot Island charters, they pick up out of Alsdorf park in Pompano.

I'm Broward though I think it's down to SFDH for technical
I thinks that’s part of the reason I use PVD; I liked the PDC boats.

I thinks that’s part of the reason I use PVD; I liked the PDC boats.

They are nice boats regardless of what they are named!! I believe Sea Dog became Marin and Sea Siren became Aurelia. Do I have that correct?

They are nice boats regardless of what they are named!! I believe Sea Dog became Marin and Sea Siren became Aurelia. Do I have that correct?
I don’t recall, but Aurelia has a partially broken tank holder rack on the right side next to the VIP seat.

Dixie is an OK boat but it's more of a Granny Boat. Mostly snorkelers, students and beginning open water divers. You are more likely to get dropped on Nursery Reef or Copenhagen than any of the decent Pompano wrecks.
Mostly true, but they do hit 70-120' wrecks most Sundays. Great captain and crew. Questionable fill accuracy at the shop tho.
Getting back to SFDHQ, topic of this thread. What happened to Safari Diver? Where did Goliath come from?
I don't recall Safari being on the schedule post re-floating....Scubatyme remains Scubatyme (respect for Enzo?) but it's in Boynton. I haven't been on Goliath yet but it's a step in the right direction vs. the catamarans

The only thing I see relatively commonly is diving on a SMB, with no flag. I'm not talking about starting on a group drop with a flag and then surfacing later on a SMB.
The significance is an SMB has no standing, it is little more than debris in the water, while the law outlines regulations requiring vessel operation around a dive flag. Dive flags provide the minimum of protection especially when the dive op can be more than a mile away. I would like to see the flag laws improved... Say a 24' flag on a 48" staff. And dive boats can be no more than 500 yards from their divers.

The crew was inexperienced, inattentive, they were ok with taking additional divers on the other boat to the point of overcapacity as divers were already on this boat for a separate trip; we also could have been stranded on the water had we successfully gotten underway.
If you knew what they are paid, this wouldn't surprise you

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom