Normoxic Trimix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OMFSDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am finishing up Adv Nitrox and Deco this month and would like to take a Normoxic trimix class in about a year. I was thinking of taking the class in Florida or the Caribbean. I was hoping to get some suggestions on an Instructor and location. Thanks.

I am finishing up Adv Nitrox and Deco this month and would like to take a Normoxic trimix class in about a year. I was thinking of taking the class in Florida or the Caribbean. I was hoping to get some suggestions on an Instructor and location. Thanks.

There are lot's of trimix instructors here in South Florida but Lesley Jacques is very highly regarded and you'll definitely get an excellent class (NAUI TEC).
You can contact her via email at runawaylobster(at)yahoo.com

Her website is down at the moment but it should be back up by tomorrow
http://runawaylobster.com

She teaches a fair number of classes and more importantly, she's does a lot of diving when she isn't teaching.

Last edited:
Try Walt Stark at Rek/Tek Scuba in Bonaire. His shop is located in captain dons.

I think (from my limited research) Walt is just about one of the only trimix instructors in the Caribbean (might be a couple in Puerto Rico, but my Spanish is not good enough to be sure). I think Uwe Rath in the DR is qualified to teach trimix, but basically he doesn't because of the hassle getting the gas (or at least that is the excuse he gives me... :wink:). If you find someone else let me know.

But I would have thought it would be a lot cheaper to do it in Florida - helium prices are pretty steep once you leave the continental US.

How much does the helium cost in US? Here it's very expensive (5 to 7 Euro Cents per liter) :shakehead:

I don't know much about converting liters to cubic feet but here are our prices:
Fill Express -- Premix and Custom-Blend Gas Fills of Air, Nitrox, and Trimix

• Nitrox, Normoxic (Oxygen-Compatible Air) $0.10 21% Oxygen content
  • Nitrox, Sport Premix $0.10 Choice of 32%, 36%, or 40% Oxygen content
  • Nitrox, Deco Premix $0.35 Choice of 50% or 80% Oxygen content
  • Trimix, Normoxic Premix $0.35 Normoxic Trimix is 21% Oxygen & 35% Helium
  • Helium $0.85 Grade HP (Ultra High Purity -- 99.999%)
  • Oxygen $0.35 Grade ABO (Aviators Breathing Oxygen)
  • Argon $1.00 Grade HP (High Purity)

I will throw Bert Welchers name into the hat. He is here in Tampa. He is a great instructor and really knows his stuff when it comes to Tech diving. The website is tampaadventuresports.com They have a great shop and are willing to work with you on scheduling as well. I highly recommend them.

I don't know much about converting liters to cubic feet but here are our prices:
Fill Express -- Premix and Custom-Blend Gas Fills of Air, Nitrox, and Trimix

• Nitrox, Normoxic (Oxygen-Compatible Air) $0.10 21% Oxygen content
  • Nitrox, Sport Premix $0.10 Choice of 32%, 36%, or 40% Oxygen content
  • Nitrox, Deco Premix $0.35 Choice of 50% or 80% Oxygen content
  • Trimix, Normoxic Premix $0.35 Normoxic Trimix is 21% Oxygen & 35% Helium
  • Helium $0.85 Grade HP (Ultra High Purity -- 99.999%)
  • Oxygen $0.35 Grade ABO (Aviators Breathing Oxygen)
  • Argon $1.00 Grade HP (High Purity)
With these prices I think I should consider relocating in the US :D

About converting liters to cubic feet, the 12 liter AL tank is what you call AL80, but first to have to multiply it by 200 (bars)! So AL80 is approximately 2,400 liters.

I didn't have exact figures to hand (thanks deepstops), but everyone always says that the US has the cheapest Helium in world (as a consequence of having 41% of the world's helium reserves) by far.

I think that may be one reason Europeans are much more ready to dive deeper on air!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom