Recommendations for budget trimix (OC) training in Caribbean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Budget tech training may turn out to be the most expensive course you'll ever take. This will sound odd, but it is true - tech diving requires resource prioritization. If it is between paying your bills and tech training, save up or find a new hobby. I don't want to beat around the bush, that it is pretty much like it.

Budget trimix training? Those are words I never thought I'd see in one sentence. They say you get what you pay for. Generally, the good-quality instructors charge fairly for their time and skill. Meaning, not cheap. There's no diving class you want to cheap out on, but anything in technical diving is definitely not one to consider. Don't train for trimix if you can't afford to do it right, or aren't willing to spend the money.

Budget trimix training? Those are words I never thought I'd see in one sentence. They say you get what you pay for. Generally, the good-quality instructors charge fairly for their time and skill. Meaning, not cheap. There's no diving class you want to cheap out on, but anything in technical diving is definitely not one to consider. Don't train for trimix if you can't afford to do it right, or aren't willing to spend the money.
So to clarify when I say budget/cheap I’m referring to cheaper training due to economic/currency differences. Specifically, cheaper in other parts of the world compared to the US simply due to the currency exchange (Mexico and Caribbean being the examples closest to me).
Obviously (well, I guess it isn’t obvious) I’m not looking for a ****** instructor just to save a few hundred.
Can’t edit the original post unfortunately :( but thanks everyone for the responses. Much appreciated as always

So to clarify when I say budget/cheap I’m referring to cheaper training due to economic/currency differences. Specifically, cheaper in other parts of the world compared to the US simply due to the currency exchange (Mexico and Caribbean being the examples closest to me).
ahhh, I kind of get it. like the price where a trimix course in the Caribbean doesn't end up costing a ton more than one in the US once it's converted?
I guess you'd have to research the average cost of trimix courses there, or someone on SB could tell you. and that's how you'd know what is cheap for there, and expensive for there.
Obviously (well, I guess it isn’t obvious) I’m not looking for a ****** instructor just to save a few hundred. Can't edit the original post unfortunately :( but thanks everyone for the responses. Much appreciated as always
Ah, I never thought that you didn't care about the quality of training necessarily; maybe that you thought the quality is the same regardless of price. It generally isn't. Which is why I was saying what I said. Hopefully I didn't come off as rude, just honest :)
Best of luck with your training and certification!! Enjoy all the new dives you'll be able to do :)

Any reason you're limiting yourself to the Caribbean? You could find very well regarded trainers in Asia (Philippines) or Egypt (dahab).

I had a look at the scuba seekers website and the TDI trimix course costs 850 euros excluding equipment and gas. And they really know what they're doing.

And Dahab itself is cheap. A 2 week stay will probably cost you around 500 for accommodation and food.

I charge $2,500.00 for a normoxic trimix course on CCR. That price only includes the cert card, if earned.

Any reason you're limiting yourself to the Caribbean? You could find very well regarded trainers in Asia (Philippines) or Egypt (dahab).

I had a look at the scuba seekers website and the TDI trimix course costs 850 euros excluding equipment and gas. And they really know what they're doing.

And Dahab itself is cheap. A 2 week stay will probably cost you around 500 for accommodation and food.
This is the answer I was hoping for!
I’ll do some research for dahab (always wanted to see the blue hole) however scuba seekers themselves look really good, especially for the fundies if I can somehow do both.. thanks

Do you know these folks personally? Have you done training with them?

Also, are their instructors Egyptians only or expats?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom