Norte Coming

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The forecast is still dicey for tomorrow: Cozumel, Mexico Weather Forecast from Weather Underground

Looks like the front survived the Gulf crossing and got that far, but weakened around Coz - which could be good...??

Capture.jpg

If you are asking me…yes, we have 4 boats over there for Wednesday but it may be too late to reserve a spot. Give us a call early tomorrow at 987 872-3397 and we might fit you in. With 4 boats over there we ought to have space for 20 divers each trip. In these expected conditions (the perfect norte) Hanan reef and the Galleon should be incredible.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

I wish I was there right now Dave, but we are flying in Thursday. I was just trying to get a feel for what's going on :)

Just got the "official" word from dive shop at Blue Angel. Port is closed.

Of course, the "unofficial" word deduced by my keen powers of observation came awhile ago...

It appears that this norte will continue until maybe Saturday (windguru.com). If, as expected it shifts a few degrees to the north east we will be doing the the southern parts of the other side.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

It appears that this norte will continue until maybe Saturday (windguru.com). If, as expected it shifts a few degrees to the north east we will be doing the the southern parts of the other side.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Just back from the east side. We dove Hanan, Galleons and finished our last dive at Ventanas. First time diving the east side....nice to see. Sallye and Liang killed a mess of lion fish at Ventanas. Looking forward to diving the east side tomorrow.

We were on the Aldora boat with Ally. I know we dove the cannons/ Galleon site, I can't remember the name of the first site. It was a fun adventure. Lucky us we were already diving with Aldora (love those huge nitrox tanks) so we were able to get on a boat and dive when everyone else had to stay dry.

I sure hope that you guys tip well.

You may have no idea how much additional work and discomfort our staff endures to make sure you get diving. The capitans have to sleep on their cold boats overnight (so far 2 nights, maybe more to come)…and you may have noticed our boats are not exactly luxury cabin cruisers. Then other staff have to bring them meals and supplies from town. Then all the tanks, gasoline etc has to be "swum" out to the boats, then the dive gear all set up for you. All in all it is much more than twice as much work for us and we're not charging single peso more. So tip well, and give thanks!

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Hopefully the dive shop pays their employees more for those trips, and yes hopefully the patrons tip to customary standards what ever they think that may be. :)

Sounds like you guys have plenty of reason to charge a little extra for the east side trips.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom