Norte for days

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tunaman68

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Here at the BA and we have a freaking Norte in October!! Port has been closed two days and no end in sight until next week. Wind is projected to shift to the NNW tomorrow but then is super random headed to the weekend with N and NNW toggling back and forth. Never had this many days out of the pool on a single trip. Such a bummer but hope for better conditions next week. Very glad I've got 14 days to play with but there are several people who are likely to only get in one day of five this week so it's xtra unusual. Hopefully wind guru will turn out to be wrong and things will change sooner!! Just sharing my pain. 😂😂

Attachments

• IMG_9095.jpeg
    IMG_9095.jpeg
    153.6 KB · Views: 62
Look on the bright side, you might get out Thursday :)
Check the animation on Windy.com, looks like a series of weak lows moving across the gulf.

perfect excuse for some cenote diving.
It was def a thought, but I’m traveling solo this time and I’m just not into doing the trip across without a buddy along for fun.

Several years back in November a hurricane slammed into central america and a series of blocking highs blocked its path north. It kept bouncing against them and slid east and finally pushed north over western Cuba then slid west across the keys and started to get pushed south towards Cozumel before breaking free into the gulf. Storm never got close to the island but the winds cost 8 days of port closure.
It happens but I still plan on about 20 days on the island next month :D

I'm on the island next month for thanksgiving with the fam. if the wind picks up I'll mos def throw a dinner party for the SB gang. either that or just get more tattoos.

It was def a thought, but I’m traveling solo this time and I’m just not into doing the trip across without a buddy along for fun.
I suggest getting really, really high, bring a little flower with you and then go through the ferry crossing with a couple of the police dogs.

That should be pretty fun and you'll make lots of new friends.

I suggest getting really, really high, bring a little flower with you and then go through the ferry crossing with a couple of the police dogs.

That should be pretty fun and you'll make lots of new friends.
Could always go beachcombing on the east side and look for square fish

Here at the BA and we have a freaking Norte in October!! Port has been closed two days and no end in sight until next week. Wind is projected to shift to the NNW tomorrow but then is super random headed to the weekend with N and NNW toggling back and forth. Never had this many days out of the pool on a single trip. Such a bummer but hope for better conditions next week. Very glad I've got 14 days to play with but there are several people who are likely to only get in one day of five this week so it's xtra unusual. Hopefully wind guru will turn out to be wrong and things will change sooner!! Just sharing my pain. 😂😂
I'm here at Iberostar, having arrived Sunday. This is day two of no diving. What a pisser! I'm here till the 25th. It's a PITA to get to the mainland for cenote diving, so not this time for me. Tomorrow is not looking good either but hoping it'll change soon.

Back
Top Bottom