Norte for days

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whenever I try that link my screen fills up with fake virus alerts and Macafee "scans" and sales pitches. I recommend not going there.
I use other virus software and don't have issues, personally I think MacAfee is a borderline virus. It has always thrown up false alerts for me that other computers I run with other anti virus SW does not seem to have issues. It's either the best AV out there or constantly in sales affirmation mode doing a 'hey look at me I am so great you should renew my license' mode.
I do agree that it, like any other Mexican news site, has lots of ad pop ups.

I use other virus software and don't have issues, personally I think MacAfee is a borderline virus. It has always thrown up false alerts for me that other computers I run with other anti virus SW does not seem to have issues. It's either the best AV out there or constantly in sales affirmation mode doing a 'hey look at me I am so great you should renew my license' mode.
I don't think he's saying it's his AV software that's doing anything but, rather, the website itself is throwing up scam pop-ups, etc. I use Ublock Origin and haven't seen a pop-up or ad in years and visiting that website was pure content :cool:

I share that opinion of MacAfee. They recently hit me up with dire warnings about a virus that had infected me in 5 places. Like the old fool that I am I gave them $69 but could not activate until they gave me a serial number…that never arrived. Later I found that I had ZERO virus. I would not take a free gift if they offered.

Dave Dillehay

I share that opinion of MacAfee. They recently hit me up with dire warnings about a virus that had infected me in 5 places. Like the old fool that I am I gave them $69 but could not activate until they gave me a serial number…that never arrived. Later I found that I had ZERO virus. I would not take a free gift if they offered.

Dave Dillehay
Do you know for sure that the "warnings" actually came from MacAfee? There are plenty of spoofers out there that mimic real messages pretty well.

Do you know for sure that the "warnings" actually came from MacAfee? There are plenty of spoofers out there that mimic real messages pretty well.
Dear Gordon, the bank contacted MacAfee and they returned my $69. Sure it was MacAfee…beware.

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom