North Carolina diving -- Lions, and tigers, and bears....Oh, my!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was down in NC this past weekend diving myself. I also saw a good sized sandtiger on the wreck of the Gill, I was just wonder where you spotted these MANEATERS at.

Thanks for twisting the knife a little deeper! I was supposed to dive the Hyde and Markham on Sunday, but we got blown out... I'm still bummed about it. But your pics are incredible!

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

We dove with Olympus Dive Center (www.olympusdiving.com) which was a really top rate organization. I would definitely recommend them highly. Most of the depths were in the 80-100 fsw range. With the rebreathers we were easily doing 60-90 minute dives with no (or minimal) deco.

The sites are around 30 miles offshore and the diving is very much weather dependent. We planned for three dive days in case we got blown out one day. Thankfully the weather held and while it was fairly rough one day, we got out each day and some really good diving. The boat was 65 feet long and pretty stable with a very experienced captain and crew. You definitely can't go wrong diving with Olympus. I can't wait to return next year.

Doug

excellent pics!!! I have to take some rebreather classes with you someday soon :)

Very nice, thanks for sharing...

Beautiful pics, Doug. Love the Sharks and the Lion too.

Wonderful photos thanks for sharing!

Sue

Outstanding Photos! The "Carolina Wreck Divers" have gone to the dark side as well. Doubt we can produce the same quality photos, but we do recover artifacts!

Several of us CWD's have gone to the Dive Rite Optima.....

We have one lone member that decided to go for a Meg.......good luck Gill...that was one expensive choice......Not that ours was not...lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom