north jersey lake diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

USNMARS

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
i am looking for anybody interested in getting together and exploring some of the lakes in the north jersey delaware water gap area. i am planning to going to lake wallenpaupack soon and also thinking on doing a lake george trip. but there are plenty of other lakes like crater lake, and crystal lake. i am in blairstown, NW jersey, and willing to travel. anybody interested feel free to pm me.

Im going to try to hit up Round Valley Reservoir later on this year. The diving is supposed to be pretty good there and the vis is supposed to be pretty decent there as well. Im trying to get a list of lakes together that I can go diving in NJ, if anyone has some more info, please PM me.

split0101:
Im going to try to hit up Round Valley Reservoir later on this year. The diving is supposed to be pretty good there and the vis is supposed to be pretty decent there as well. Im trying to get a list of lakes together that I can go diving in NJ, if anyone has some more info, please PM me.

I live within walking distance of Round Valley reservoir. It's a beautiful lake, and the viz should be pretty good... but the problem is that there is absolutely nothing to see there. The bottom is pretty much a bare layer of silt, there's not much fish or other aquatic life to see, and there's really nothing of interest to look at. From what I understand, it's a very boring place to dive. You're better off diving at Dutch Springs, where at least there's stuff to see and do while you dive.

An aside: I was up in Branchville NJ last weekend.

Do they allow diving in Culvers Lake?

...steve...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom