North Shore Great White

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

if you saw a whale shark, we ain't listenening to your complaints, ya know?

Amazing things happen when you least expect them....I am always waitin and anticipatin'!

Glad ya'll got excited about the big mama shark though. 18 ft would make your eyes bug. and we are always wondering if she is out there, waiting around the corner.

Nice link Catherine, spread the shark love, I say!

Out of interest, what is it like diving regularly in waters known for larger predators like Tiger sharks? Do you often run into larger sharks when you are not expecting them? Is it something that is ever on your mind, and would it be something you might mention in a dive site orientation?

No, we see White Tips on many dives and an occasional Galapagos swims by, but Tigers are rarely seen. if a lot of greys show up, it is because someone is spearing. We don't really ever have a problem. Surfers have a strike every year or so, but divers do not need to worry. I just like to be afraid for the fun of it, you know?

I have to go other places to see lots of sharks....

What is taking you to Thailand?

That was really cool, and I agree, that it was too harsh to revoke his captains license when it was just his first offence. Hopefully one day in my travels I will be able to see one up close.

Every once in a while a White Shark is spotted off of Montauk, and it causes a stir of fishing boats all going out to try to catch it. Its actually quite funny to read about, and see the pictures. I guess it must be the allure of JAWS.

Dave

you can ride that alone....lol maybe in cage....that baby is 4 times my size....two bites i am done...lol real cool story.... just sucks that the captain was punished so harsh....

catherine96821:
I just like to be afraid for the fun of it, you know?

I have to go other places to see lots of sharks....

:jaws: :jaws: :jaws:

Catherine, they are ALL AROUND YOU! You just don't realize it!

:jaws: :jaws: :jaws:

Does that help? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom