North Shore Great White

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
That poor boat captain lost his liscense for jumping in with passengers on his boat. I think that was a little harsh by the coast guard. They just saw it in the paper and popped him, I guess. It's kinda like a UFO lands and I stop my car to look and a cop tickets me for stopping in the road.....HARSH! BOO!

Ouch! I'd say it is harsh (although it is the law). Good reason to have a second captain aboard.

Yeah, I agree taking the guy's licence away is too harsh Catherine. Is this a temporary thing?

I think so. I know a lot of boat captains that lose their liscense for a couple days for this or that....kinda like vacations around here.

Misplaced Priority:
Thats just wrong. Maybe a warning Ok, but to loose his license???

Seriously, maybe a short time suspension, would be in order. Hopefully that's what it will eventually be, a loss of lively hood is no laughing matter. Especially in a place like Hawaii where the cost of living is so high.

On the other hand, it would be worth the suspension to swim with that big fish! Man! what a ride!
(I know, get that guy a rubber room!)

"Hall didn't want to miss his opportunity, so he jumped in with his customers. But after a few minutes he decided get out of the aluminum cage to be closer to the shark."

Nice to see Darwin at work........haha.

That is a great story, and those pics are freaky. Loved it. Thanks.

This is the part where I complain that I was in Oahu and Maui for 15 days in November PRAYING to see ANY shark...and I missed this. Well, at least I saw a 20 ft juvenile whale shark.

Awesome article, awesome pictures, awesome diver. Thanks for the post. I find it very interesting from the perspective that GW's are not common to Hawaiian waters. I think this makes 3 or 4 verified sightings in the since 2000.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom