Northwest Florida Springs Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would say Paradise if you are going to Blue Grotto. Morrison will get you close to 100'. For your over 100' dives there is the Oriskony and it is 145' ish to the flight deck. If your an/do instructor is a cave instructor I believe you can dive 1 level above your cavern cert with them so Paradise would give you the depth. It's easy to hit 140 there.

I've got the perfect place for you: Hudson Grotto. Woot! Down to 140' if you can find the rabbit hole. You'll get to encounter a halocline into a sulfer layer, another halocline with a reverse thermocline to boot as you enter salt water. First 80 ft of vis sucks, but below that is dark and clear. Follow all the lines and try not to silt the place out. What a blast.
That does sound like a blast. Will add it to my list!

I'd just suck it up and get the training done at Mystery, it's not that cold.
There's nothing you can do to prep for it where you benefit from being deep IMO. All of the gas switches are done shallow anyway so the only benefit you get from depth is seeing how quickly your gas goes as compared to shallower depth.
Mystery Sink near Orlando? That's all I saw on a google search but what I read online said it is on private property and closed to divers.

It's not in the NW of Fl, but I used to dive Hospital Hole in Weeki Wachee. I think it would suit your depth needs.

It's not in the NW of Fl, but I used to dive Hospital Hole in Weeki Wachee. I think it would suit your depth needs.

I’ve been wanting to check that place out.

Buford is another deep cavern, that I want to go see, but hear it’s a challenging walk to the water.

Too bad Forty Fathom Grotto is not really a viable option anymore. :(

Buford is another deep cavern, that I want to go see, but hear it’s a challenging walk to the water.
You have to be cavern certified and obtain a permit to dive Buford. It's just a bit north of

You have to be cavern certified and obtain a permit to dive Buford. It's just a bit north of Hudson Grotto and is one of the prettiest springs to dive. It is a challenge to get back there. :D :D :D

Looks interesting, pretty far south for driving from NC but maybe on a longer trip. Thanks for the suggestion!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom