Norwegian dive tables

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mr turtle

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I saw Ibrahims question about navy tables and i allways asked myself what algoritm or model the norwegian standard tables uses, if they use

Thanks DocVikingo but i read the book and i dont find any answers there. I remember they used 16 tissues but they dont mention more.
File not possible to download. Maybe need to sign in

The Norwegian standard table is based on the Royal Navy's Table 11, but with a modified ascent rate and different procedure for repeated dives. IIRC those modifications are based on domestic research.

If you can read Norwegian, this PDF may give you some background.

Thank you Storker for your replay. Gonna have a look in the PDF that you send but i think its just the normal handbook. Where did you find the information? Or you compair with US navy?

Where did you find the information?
Google is my friend :cool:

Or you compair with US navy?
Well, the Norwegian table is slightly - but not much - more conservative than the USN table. I believe - but am far from certain - that the USN table is based on Buhlmann ZHL16, no GF. That's a perfusion limited model, while the Royal Navy table which the Norwegian table is based on comes from a diffusion limited model.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom