Not a callout but a diver request

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I get ready for work and as usual I’m in the car early and heading for briefing. Time is 2120 (9:20pm). I get about 3 miles from the house when one of our swing shift Deputies checks out with a male on the bank of Houser Lake across from one of the lakes two bars. Time is 2124 (9:24pm).

Within a minute she calls for backup because the male took off swimming. Though still cold the water temp isn’t that bad as the little lake warms up quickly. The problem is he is one very drunk monkey wearing jeans, a “T” shirt and heavy boots.

I light it up and start heading towards the lake. I cover the 9 miles and I arrived at 2130.

I didn’t have to suit up because another two very drunk monkeys come out of the bar to help her. Against her wishes, they hop into a nearby boat, start it and go for the rescue.

They get to the swimming drunk monkey and run over him with the boat. So about now your thinking prop chop. As the luck of the drunk would have it he stayed out of the blinder. When the swimming monkey surfaces the drunk bow monkey grabs drunk swimming monkey. Now drunk driving monkey hits the gas as drunk bow monkey holds onto drunk swimming monkey. Now it almost looks like a “D-Day” landing as they beach the boat. YUP, drunk swimming monkey is now a bottom cushion protecting the boat finish from the lake bottom rocks.

It didn’t take long but the three drunk monkeys managed to free their drunken friend and not lose a one of them. Swimming drunk managed to get a ride to the jail for booking while the rescue drunks returned to the bar.

At around 0100 (1am) we get advised of a medical call for a fall at the same bar. We normally don’t follow medical to calls but we did on this trip.

We get there and one of the earlier two drunks, who are now much drunker, asks me if I was going to start paying him overtime. A second drunk had fallen off a barstool and split his lip wide open when he hit a table on the way down. Now you guessed it, drunk on floor was the earlier boat operator.

The evening tally: 6 total in bar.
One gets drunk and goes swimming fully clothed. Goes to jail for new clothes.
Two make a drunken run over recovery and delivery. One to the hospital for treatment and the other calls a cab.
One bar maid who couldn’t light up the dial on a watch. I don’t want to know.
One clueless sober guy. Never had an idea as to what happened. Way to many drugs in the 60’s.
One cat. The only smart one out of the bunch. She just slept through everything and I’m not sure if she is stuffed or not. :D

3 very lucky people tonight.

By the way, the swimmer went into her car, not mine. :D :D

The bar is in the bottom section of the light colored clearing. The road runs right along the waters edge. Everything happened at the top end of the lot.
http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?T=1&S=10&Z=11&X=2497&Y=26455&W=1

OH, I forgot to mention that his upper plate is out in the lake somewhere so he can't look like this :D

Gary D.

Too bad you didn't get a video!

I sense some potential Darwin Award winners...

Cats are smart.

In Chicago, if somebody wants to swim away from an arrest, generally, we just watch.

They'll come back eventually.

We do, however, have dashboard video... it's only a matter of positioning the car at the best angle... you have to anticipate the action!

People like that remind me about having to put chlorine in the gene pool. When will people learn alcohol and a body of water don't mix?

Paul

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom