Not a diver but have a question.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Will do, however, Don't need it till my May trip to Florida. So I have time to check out all your suggestions.

Depending on where in FL you're going, you may be able to bag a decent 3mm 1-piece from a discounter like Divers Direct. You're looking at under $100 if you buy in FL, almost double that from your local dive shop in MI.
The drysuits will cook yer butt in FL for what you're doing.
If you really want to go the drysuit route though, do an ebay or surplus store search for a pilot's survival suit, you can get 'em for about $50.
FSN: CWU -62/P

If its that bad you can buy a surface drysuit which the rescue crews and swimmers tend to use.

Here is what I decided on. Went to local dive shop in St. Clair Shores, MI.
The owner was very informative. A lot of his suggestions matched what you people suggested to me here. I ordered the Henderson 2 peice suit (7mm) with (7mm) boots.
All for $250 out the door. I think it is just what I was looking for. Thanks again for all your help. Will probably be receiving the suit in 2 weeks. I decided on 2 peice suit so I can us jacket up here in Michigan & won't need it down in Florida.

rsoderberg:
Here is what I decided on. Went to local dive shop in St. Clair Shores, MI.
The owner was very informative. A lot of his suggestions matched what you people suggested to me here. I ordered the Henderson 2 peice suit (7mm) with (7mm) boots.
All for $250 out the door. I think it is just what I was looking for. Thanks again for all your help. Will probably be receiving the suit in 2 weeks. I decided on 2 peice suit so I can us jacket up here in Michigan & won't need it down in Florida.

Just remember that wearing that neoprene you'll be a little more bouyant than you are used to. Hate to hear that you floated away the first time you step into deep water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom