Not a poll ..more of a count .or maybe an..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really enjoy football too. But it's GO Bears!

Seala once bubbled...
Dee

It's a small world. I thought sewing was a skill no one used anymore, it's amazing how many people cannot sew on a button. I'm now working a some new ways to chip my gear up. It's a crime to pay what they charge at my LDS I can make a two ended metal clip with quality web for about $2.00. A spring snap and clip combo to hold my octo. for about $1.00. Tried it out on Saturday and it released with out any problems the snap end holds the octo hose.

I could have a very successful alteration and custom business if I so desired! What's so hard about buttons and hems? :D

You're right....what they charge for some of those every day items should be a crime! I've been making and/or customizing stuff for years. I find alot of buckles, clips, webbing, etc. at a local sport store, REI..mainly in the mountain climbing section. $1.00 for 4 quick release buckles! For those heavier duty job that my machines won't handle, I have a very nice guy at a local shoe repair shop that will sew things for me.

Let me know if you come up with some new ideas! :thumb:

Jenny10 once bubbled...
Hello everyone!
Anyone have any suggestions for a BC and wet suit for a large chested woman but size 7/8 in clothes?

Yes! Get a backplate and wings like me. :) You said you liked them the last time we went out. I'll let you try out it out if you want, but only in the pool. I'll even let you borrow my regulators and see if you like better then the ones you have been renting from Dan. ta-ta

I am of the philosophy that I am not getting older, just better. I have to feel young to keep up with these other youngsters.

I agree should have done this a long time ago, but glad I am doing it now. :bounce:

I just began my Stress and Rescue class tonight and I am so excited. Tommorrow night another class and some pool time, then Saturday and Sunday at the lake for two days check out time. Gotta feel young to do this right??

seaangel once bubbled...
.....Gotta feel young to do this right??

After a full day of diving, I try to remember that as I take my Advil with breakfast! :eek:

Dee once bubbled...

I could have a very successful alteration and custom business if I so desired! What's so hard about buttons and hems? :D

You're right....what they charge for some of those every day items should be a crime! I've been making and/or customizing stuff for years. I find alot of buckles, clips, webbing, etc. at a local sport store, REI..mainly in the mountain climbing section. $1.00 for 4 quick release buckles! For those heavier duty job that my machines won't handle, I have a very nice guy at a local shoe repair shop that will sew things for me.

Let me know if you come up with some new ideas! :thumb:

I don't sew, I don't even like the thought, I would pay mucho denero to have a button sewed on to avoid the process.

Hi,
I am 39 and just learning to dive. Will be doing OW tomorrow.
I am a registered nurse and work in the emergency room. I have been married 16 years and my husband is learning to dive with me. We have 3 four legged children, 2 canine and 1 feline.

Good luck on your OW!!

I'm a 27-year old systems analyst - :puter: - for a hospital. My fiance and I certified in mid-May and have just under 20 dives with 9 hours of bottom time. We dive shallow, in most of the lakes up here there not much to see under 30 feet (unless you like no-vis, slit, and 40 degrees under the thermocline).

We mostly dive the lakes here in Wisconsin, but have dove in Itlay in June.

We a working on planning our honeymoon which will, of course, involve diving.

Oh yeah, we have one non-diving furkid (human childfree, by choice), our cat Storm :kitty:.
-Chris:blfish:

Back
Top Bottom