not automatically logging in?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tech Admin:
For those of you with problems you probably still have an old cookie in your system.

To fix your problems, try deleting all your cookies (hit f1 for help on doing that). Once your cookies are gone, close all browser windows and open a new one back up for www.scubaboard.com. Login and be sure to check the little "remember me" box. This should solve your long-term login issues.

Tried that...several times....and I still have to long in every time I return to SB.

Dee,

Let me take a stab at this. Sometimes these can be complex issues to resolve.

Does your system hold a cookie on any other Forums? Meaning, you log in and return and you are still logedin.

Do you have any "cookie washer" software installed on your system?

Edit: What Operating System are you using and the version number?

Edit: What browser are you using and the version number?

SB requires your browser to enable "cookies" and J a v a S c r i p t If you are still having problems try these techniques in the exact order given:

1) Restart your operating system.

2) Immediately launch a single instance of your browser and empty your Temporary Internet files and History folder. You may also wish to lower the storage number to 50 MB for your Temporary Internet files.

3) Enable all the default options for your browser and apply/save them.

4) Close your browser down

5) Launch your browser and return to SB (only use www.scubaboard.com) to see if your issues are fixed.

If your issues are still not fixed we suggest that you try some/all of the following procedures:

1) Upgrade to the latest SP (Service Pack) for your browser

2) Upgrade to the latest stable version of your browser.

3) Scan your system and remove all "TheftWare" and or "SpyWare applications using using Ad-Aware at:

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/ or SpyBot at http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=home

Good luck and I hope this stuff helped.

Hey Dee, Have fun with that lot!...

Steve_S:
Dee,

Let me take a stab at this. Sometimes these can be complex issues to resolve.

Does your system hold a cookie on any other Forums? Meaning, you log in and return and you are still logedin.

Do you have any "cookie washer" software installed on your system?

SB requires your browser to enable "cookies" and J a v a S c r i p t If you are still having problems try these techniques in the exact order given:

1) Restart your operating system.

2) Immediately launch a single instance of your browser and empty your Temporary Internet files and History folder. You may also wish to lower the storage number to 50 MB for your Temporary Internet files.

3) Enable all the default options for your browser and apply/save them.

4) Close your browser down

5) Launch your browser and return to SB (only use www.scubaboard.com) to see if your issues are fixed.

If your issues are still not fixed we suggest that you try some/all of the following procedures:

1) Upgrade to the latest SP (Service Pack) for your browser

2) Upgrade to the latest stable version of your browser.

3) Scan your system and remove all "TheftWare" and or "SpyWare applications using using Ad-Aware at:

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/ or SpyBot at http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=home

Good luck and I hope this stuff helped.

So far, so good! I had deleted the Temp. Int. files but didn't clear the history files. That seems to have done it.

Graham...what's scary is I actually knew what he was talking about!

I have the same problem, and am not having this trouble with any other forum or any other cookie-related function.

Help?

I've been having the same problem. Forces me to log in every time. I've tried some of the suggestions here without any luck. Other forums seem to have no problem. It started just after the forum upgrade. :(

Never doubted you Dee - it just looked like the most complicated tech response I had seen for a looong while - glad it got sorted.

When are the galleries going online?

Dee:
So far, so good! I had deleted the Temp. Int. files but didn't clear the history files. That seems to have done it.

Graham...what's scary is I actually knew what he was talking about!

Warren & Suemermaid....I deleted the temporary internet files and the history files. Then I completely logged off and shut down the computer. Back on, logged into SB, read a few posts, went to other websites and I'm still logged on in SB. Try it, it may work for you.

Grajan:
When are the galleries going online?

I'm hoping right after the first of the year. TechAdmin has taken the holidays off for a well deserved web rest but as soon as he gets back, we'll get him working to fishing the gallery as soos as he can. I don't understand nearly all he has to do to finish all the ins and outs of this new site but he'll get to the gallery when he can.

You Welcome :)

In my last post I asked some questions and gave you a step by step to attempt to resolve your issues.

I'm hear to help and really don't exspect a free trip to Disneyland but I can't really help you if you aren't willing to meet me half way.

Frankly and respectfully, many of the procedures I mentioned should be performed on a regular basis. Consider it kinda like your pre-dive check list or checking your UW rig before a dive and after a dive.

Thank you :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom