Not everyone thinks cave diving is the pinnacle of SCUBA!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The not so nice ones are snooty to the extreme. I stopped at a cave dive shop that was nearby an OW spring that I was diving and had some rented aluminum 80's that I wanted filled. Without being in the shop for more than 30 seconds the lady working there says with her nose held high and referring to our AL 80's, "oh- we are a cave dive shop so there is nothing here for you." That's verbatim. Okay- that's fine. My buddy was going to look at wetsuits (which they had) and I was looking for a decent light (again which they had) and we were going to purchase some tank fills but they obviously did not want our money even though we were the ONLY ONES IN THE SHOP. The shop was the Dive Outpost about a mile east of Peacock Springs on 180th.e

I haven't read much of this thread but this part of the OP's post kinda reminded me of snootiness in another sport - snowboarding - and a highly amusing (IMO) email exchange: Function 4 Sports. Free Burton snowboard with Ride boot and bindings.

That exchange of e-mails is hysterical, and so incredibly reminiscent of a lot of stories here about people's interactions with dive shops -- I guess it's good to know that bad attitudes toward customers are not unique to the diving world. :)

No I'm not, however, when they die and block the exit, silt up the cave, or break my line they risk my life and the others lives in the cave. If you want to go dive In a cave without training, go ahead it truly is your choice. IMHO it's a choice about as intelligent as playing Russian Roulette with a semi automatic pistol.

I can not agree more.
Driving a truck when you have no license for it, might put in danger others so you get a little bit punished for that, same applies here.
Problems is not that the one deciding to go in the cave with no training will die, problem is that he might kill others in the process (silt, line cutting, restriction blocking..etc..etc....)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom