Not receiving daily email notifications

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RhatsaRuck

Contributor
Reaction score
south Palm Beach county, Florida United States
# of dives
0 - 24
Yes, I believe that's the case for me as well. A few years ago when this happened, SB advised me to set up another email address, as apparently ATT blocks @SB.com as spam, at some early level that doesn't even show up in your SPAM box. At least that's how I understood the explanation. I set up a google email account, and that worked up to now. I've posted a few times in the last several days, and haven't rec'd any notifications over those threads.

SB mail is not blocked anywhere to my knowledge.

The OP has a gmail account, which definitely goes through. I also use a gmail for my notifications. I got a notification of this thread being posted.

The OP should look in their gmail on the gmail.com page, and check the spam folder.

The OP should look in their gmail on the gmail.com page, and check the spam folder.
Hi Howard:

I've checked my spam folder on my gmail.com page. It does not contain any emails from ScubaBoard. (It contains only one email.)

I've also checked the Junk E-mail folder in Outlook 2007. It does not contain any ScubaBoard emails.

Here's an oddity: I have received ScubaBoard email thread notifications for the following threads on the following dates:

Classified Regulators: on Sat Jun 1, 2013 and Thu May 30, 2013
Florida Diving: on Mon May 27, 2013
Classified: Lights: on Fri May 24, 2013
The Boynton Dive Chronicles (new and improved): on Thu May 23, 2013
Blue Heron Bridge Trolls: on Wed May 22, 2013.

These are the only email thread notifications I have received from ScubaBoard since May 22, 2013. By the way this list appears in my Gmail account online - not in my Outlook folder - so it represents the actual emails I've received in my Gmail account.

The "Blue Heron Bridge Trolls" thread is updated just about every day. I have not received an email update since May 22.

So it's clear that I am receiving some of ScubaBoard's email notifications.

A few days ago (around May 29th I think) in an attempt to "tickle" ScubaBoard's email notification system I unsubscribed and re-subscribed to the "Blue Heron Bridge Trolls" thread. I am currently subscribed to the thread. As I mentioned above I have not received an email notification about this thread since May 22, 2013.

Howard, is there anything else on my end that you'd like me to check?

If you're getting some and not others, then I don't know what to tell you? Since you get email from SB, then clearly the system works, and you do in fact receive emails.

You completely unsubscribed and then re-subscribed? You should verify your subscription type is set to either instant or daily or whatever you want. This is done from http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/subscription.php

... clearly the system works, and you do in fact receive emails.

You completely unsubscribed and then re-subscribed? You should verify your subscription type is set to either instant or daily or whatever you want. This is done from http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/subscription.php
I used the link you provided and confirmed that the threads I am following are set up for daily notifications including all the threads I mentioned in my previous post.

For this thread I never received a notification of daily changes even though I requested daily notifications.

Howard, based on your comments I agree with you that SB is generating at least some of the notifications and sending them to me. Is it possible that there is a problem when the emails are sent? Is there a way to check if emails are being returned to your mailing system or are being flagged as errors by the service that accepts SB emails for distribution?

Howard, is there a limit to the number of thread notifications that one may have? I have more than 400 in total.

---------- Post added June 3rd, 2013 at 09:58 AM ----------

As an experiment I just changed two notifications from daily to instant.

SB mail is not blocked anywhere to my knowledge.

???

Here's what netdoc said in a similar 11/2010 thread: "sbcglobal.net, att.net, bell south.net and AOL.com hate our emails. If you use one of these (and you do), chances are you won't hear from us.
sad.gif
"

You added something there about 'blacklisting' by att mail servers meaning the message doesn't even show up in the spam box.

Is that no longer the case?

Yeah, I fixed that a while ago.

Great - I switched back to my standard email account. I see there are several threads in my subscription list with messages in the last week or so. Maybe the switch will break the daily notifications loose again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom