Not sure why I'm posting this, but...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MNScuba

Reaction score
I just want to say that I get a lot out of this board, sometimes more info than I need to know (ie, Warhammer Maneuver)... Also, no matter 'how' you dive I believe everyone has valid points and in general, very good information about how and why they dive the way they do.

There seems to be a lot of educated divers on this site, and for that I'm very thankful... I've had so much support and want to thank all those that helped me get started in diving, the information that was GIVEN to me has been worth more than some of the training I've received.

Now, I guess my point in this post is to say that everyone dives the way they do for a reason, whether it's preference, lack of knowledge or money. As it's been said many times before, dive safe and have fun doing it no matter what you call your style or technique.

My hope is that THIS thread doesn't turn into yet another flame war of one way versus another, but to acknowledge and accept the way people dive as a whole. After all, we're all divers regardless of certification level, or methods and equipment used. The more useful information we can share to one another, the better we'll all be in the end.

Thanks again everyone, I for one truly appreciate your continuous support in answering my multitude of questions...

Great post. It also goes along with the holiday spirit of acceptance. I agree wholeheartedly. My reasons for doing things the way I do are all of the above, personal preference, monitary, and because I certainly don't know it all. As long as we are all safe, that is what is important!

...but I don't care :D Nice post and definitely full of good holiday spirit. I mean after all, we are all here because we share our love of diving in common, right?

Anyway this board is very educational, the variety of diving personalities, diving styles, diving methods, diving education, all contribute to making each one of us more balanced and aware divers. The culture of ScubaBoard increases our individual tolerance and consideration of others. Diving is already an international sport, so its a good thing that this board is nothing more than a cross section, potpourri and cornucopia buffet that it is.

Thanks to the ScubaBoard and its hardworking moderators, members and diligent posters!

Let me tell him. PLEASE!!!!!

:D

Chad

Curiosity got the best of me, I did a little search. I should have remained ignorant. (kicking myself over and over). Truely disgusting. Guess that's one more reminder why I have chosen not to spend any time in the humor forum. Humor's ok, but some of the stuff in there is way out of line - IMO of course :)

you just HAD to look didn't you!? Yeah, it'll haunt you for some time to come and just when you think it's over, someone will bring it up again.

This time it's my fault...
You're welcome!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom