Not well known, the Dominican Republic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will be staying at Excellence Punta Cana in early January. They have a dive OP at the resort, but no related web site for them. I haven't been able to find any information about the dive OP. I've emailed Excellence, but have not received any information.

Do you know anything about their OP? I hope to get in at least 3 dives/day + night dives. If the OP can't provide this, then I would like to find another or supplemental OP to dive with. Can you make any suggestions?

I have read that nitrox is not readily available. Is there any truth to this?

Thank you for your help.

My wife and myself along with 2 others,our cruise ship will be stopping there for the day in 4 weeks, and were thinking about diving there (just myself and a buddy, women and children likely gonna whale watch) we will be stopping in Samana and from what we hear, its a poopholevery upset that Royal caribbean changed it from Santa domingo to Samana), but heard there is some nice diving there so we thought we may check it out, U have any suggestions, and do u have dive tours.

My wife and myself along with 2 others,our cruise ship will be stopping there for the day in 4 weeks, and were thinking about diving there (just myself and a buddy, women and children likely gonna whale watch) we will be stopping in Samana and from what we hear, its a poopholevery upset that Royal caribbean changed it from Santa domingo to Samana), but heard there is some nice diving there so we thought we may check it out, U have any suggestions, and do u have dive tours.

Hi Tim,
Haven't dove in Samana area myself, but have heard that they are some nice dives. I found few links for you to check, see if you get get in touch with some of the dive ops there.

Diving Samana / Dominican Republic
Pirates Cove Dive Center - Samaná, Dominican Republic - they used to be on the south side of the island and moved to Samana
Diving in Las Galeras, Samana Bay, Dominican Republic

Have a great trip and all the best in 2009

Hi Robert,
just for your info my PADI dive operation number is R-21296

Cheers

Hi Vlad,

established, does not mean just having a dive operation number!
As a pretty new certified instructor/diveoperator as you are, do not hesitate to ask
some help of your local friends to get things in order. Thats where are friends for.

Nice Dives

Robert

I will be staying at Excellence Punta Cana in early January. They have a dive OP at the resort, but no related web site for them. I haven't been able to find any information about the dive OP. I've emailed Excellence, but have not received any information.

Do you know anything about their OP? I hope to get in at least 3 dives/day + night dives. If the OP can't provide this, then I would like to find another or supplemental OP to dive with. Can you make any suggestions?

I have read that nitrox is not readily available. Is there any truth to this?

Thank you for your help.

Dear Cracacer,

Next to your hotel Exellence Punta Cana, you will find Catalonia Hotel and the dive center is called: Promarine watersport (www. promarinewatersport.net) contact them and for sure, they will help you to fulfill your demands. Nitrox is not available in Punta Cana, as far as I know, because the divesites/depth does not match for Nitrox.

Nice Dives

Robert

How did your dives in Samana DR go? I am heading there on a last minute trip, and need info. Thanks. C

The post about diving around Samana is from 2008, so you might try to contact divingTim through PM system, if he is still a member.

I have couple clients coming from Samana next week (3 - 3.5 hours drive from there to here), they couldn't find anybody in the area to dive with. Samana is more known for whale watching trips (January - beginning of March) then for scuba diving. Beautiful area though. Post some updates when you get back, I would like to get more info about diving there myself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom