Nov 2020: Socorro and Cabo Pulmo Diving Ops Recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@living4experiences or @DivingChipmunk - how was the trip? I won't be on the boat until May 2020 and I realize things will probably change by then, but curious how they handled the Covid related safety stuff and what is your respective opinions of said stuff. Most LOBs are shared cabins and did either of you have any concern sharing a cabin with a stranger due to Covid?
It was an awesome trip. Just got home on Sunday and will post a report soon.
Nautilus handles the Covid safety protocols well. Staff always wear masks and divers are asked to wear face masks onboard indoor when not eating/drinking and not able to social distance. I will cover more details in the report. And we heard on the boat that they require Covid test for December and later departures.
I did not share cabin with a stranger as I travelled with my husband.
Overall, we felt pretty safe on the boat.

It was an awesome trip. Just got home on Sunday and will post a report soon.
Nautilus handles the Covid safety protocols well. Staff always wear masks and divers are asked to wear face masks onboard indoor when not eating/drinking and not able to social distance. I will cover more details in the report. And we heard on the boat that they require Covid test for December and later departures.
I did not share cabin with a stranger as I travelled with my husband.
Overall, we felt pretty safe on the boat.

Thanks and I look forward to the trip report. I had not heard about the negative covid test, but makes sense. I'll have to wait for the details on that one.

@living4experiences or @DivingChipmunk - how was the trip? I won't be on the boat until May 2020 and I realize things will probably change by then, but curious how they handled the Covid related safety stuff and what is your respective opinions of said stuff. Most LOBs are shared cabins and did either of you have any concern sharing a cabin with a stranger due to Covid?
The diving was fantastic! The COVID protocols were hit and miss. I'm a single traveler and I never share a room, even before COVID. Don't like the idea of sharing personal space with a stranger in what amounts to be a closet for a room. I'm posting my trip report tomorrow.

The diving was fantastic! The COVID protocols were hit and miss. I'm a single traveler and I never share a room, even before COVID. Don't like the idea of sharing personal space with a stranger in what amounts to be a closet for a room. I'm posting my trip report tomorrow.
You were on the Explorer, right? Did you stay in A or B, great rooms for a single

You were on the Explorer, right? Did you stay in A or B, great rooms for a single
Yep, the Explorer, room A. It was a little cramped for my liking, but I was there for the diving.

Yep, the Explorer, room A. It was a little cramped for my liking, but I was there for the diving.
Hi there! I’m scheduled to go on this same trip in a few weeks. Interesting that you and DivingChipmunk had divergent opinions about how well Covid protocols were followed. I am like you- a stickler for masks and social distancing. I’m definitely interested in hearing more about your trip and the safety precautions there, as I would consider rescheduling if it doesn’t seem safety is taken seriously. Definitely share more about this trip when you’re able to! It would be very much appreciated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom