Nov. 4th: Dive In to the LCRA Archives

Will you attend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't know if any of the power line foundations or pieces can be found yet either. Looking for those high voltage power lines of course across from the pipe and rock wall.

:popcorn:

The power lines are one aspect of the Mansfield construction project that has received very little attention. From what I have seen, there just are not any photos or site plans in the archive. The best I have is one tower that is about 1/2" square out of an 8x10 photo. I will be sure to show a detail of the tower at the presentation. I suppose that power lines are just not as sexy to photograph as the dam or the Shaker Plant. Now if someone is really dedicated, they could contact Haliburton (Brown & Root) in Houston to see what they have in their archives.

Never mind - I found the time (this post was originally in reference to my old eyes not seeing it).

If I can get there after work, I plan on being there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anybody putting together an underwater map of the Shaker Plant? I have only dove it twice and each time I dive it I see something new. I read other messages where other things have been found and I would love to know where these things are, on and off the wall.

Last edited:
We are working on putting together a map of the site and pull lines between the main objects. One problem with lines will be boats that anchor near the area tearing them up, but the problem may go away with higher water levels.

Anyone interested in working on the site should contact me so we can put together some dives specific to the site.

Robert
Lake Travis Scuba

Mack,

I really want to thank you for letting me get a copy of the Miller topomap. For those of you who are not familiar with the set, they are a hyper accurate topographical maps accurate to within 0.1". I got a very high resolution scan from the archives last week and will be sure that everyone gets a digital copy of the sheet with the Shaker Plant at the presentation.

Jeff

We are happy to see so much interest in the event. We look forward to the presentation.

The flier for the event has been put on Flickr. Please see our profile for the link. I am unable to post images or URLs since I am new to the forum, but please feel free to post the image in this thread. We have also added a link to our Mansfield Dam photoset on Flickr.

Thanks,
Dixie

I found a way to post the flier after all.

Attachments

• LCRA_DIVE_POSTER.jpg
    LCRA_DIVE_POSTER.jpg
    438.7 KB · Views: 42
Just a reminder the upcoming Dive in to the LCRA Archives presentation is Nov. 4 at 7:00. For more information, see the flyer in the posting above.

Just a reminder the upcoming Dive in to the LCRA Archives presentation is Nov. 4 at 7:00. For more information, see the flyer in the posting above.

Did we say that this is open to anyone in the public?

and

that Dan the lead archeologist with LCRA will be speaking also.

Did I leave anyone out Jeff on the presentation where local divers meet history in Lake Travis?

Shawn O'Shea

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom