November Folks! Who's Going?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What a fun graph, Josh! May I ask what software you used to create it?

I am headed to Cozumel Nov. 16th...any recommendations on who to dive with? I did 2 with "Martin" but found everyone on the boat to be beginnners so a little turned off when dives were called at 30 mins:depressed:...willl be at First Club Allegro.

The latest:

November%252520SBers.jpg

Thanks all.

Jay and Cheryl - Nov 2-8 Suites Bahia, Nov. 9-24 Fiesta Americana Nov 4-12 Living Underwater, Nov15-22 BlueXTSea
22 days!?!? Lucky guy!

Neat graph. Never been on a graph before. I feel special!
Consider yourself specialized!

What a fun graph, Josh! May I ask what software you used to create it?
It's just an Excel graph faked out to be a Gnatt chart with a Flamingo Tongue picture I took my last trip... nothing too special. At least not as special as Jeff! ;-)

I am headed to Cozumel Nov. 16th...any recommendations on who to dive with? I did 2 with "Martin" but found everyone on the boat to be beginnners so a little turned off when dives were called at 30 mins:depressed:...willl be at First Club Allegro.
Often your first dives with a new operator will be conservative until they determine your abilities. Dive with Martin is a fine operator. If you only did 2 dives with them, honestly you didn't give them a fair chance to assess your skills where they would have grouped you accordingly on subsequent dives. If you only did 2 dives, I'm guessing you came in off a boat whether it was a cruise ship or ferry. That too is going to lend itself to conservative diving. Any ops listed here will do. Pick a few, do some searches here on SB, email them directly and make your decision. There are more than enough discussions here on SB with no shortage of cheer leading. Good luck!

WHOOHOO! Now we know it's getting close when the list starts!!!! Add me and Don for 11/13/-11/27 Coz Palace diving w/Scuba Mau. :banana::cheers:

Last time I looked there wasn't a November thread but now there is :)

I'm flying in Saturday November 12 and out on Sunday November 20, diving with Scuba Mau as well :)

I haven't decided where I'm staying yet but I have stayed at Vista Del Mar in the past and liked their proximity to town.

Alrighty, lets keep that list growing. That third week is looking very popular. Is it too early to start planning an SB meet-n-greet?

November%252520SBers.jpg

Never too early to start planning a meet!

What type of wet suit you guys wear there in Coz in November? I have a 3mm long sleeve shorty and a 5mm Farmer John (I use both for diving in Tx). I think the shorty is going to be too little and the combo of them both is going to be too much.

I am thinking a 3mm full? Or will I be good with the 3mm shorty? When I dived there in Jul of 10' I just wore the 3mm shorty and was fine.

Thanks,
Jeff

I am thinking a 3mm full? Or will I be good with the 3mm shorty? When I dived there in Jul of 10' I just wore the 3mm shorty and was fine.

It's not going to be much different than when you dived in July as the water temp doesn't fluctuate by more than ~4f. More importantly, you'll want to make sure you stay comfortable between dives since the air temps will fluctuate the most. November is still warm and pleasant but if it clouds over and rains or the winds pickup out of the north, it can make the boat rides unpleasant. I've always wore a 2.5mm shorty and my wife wears a 1mm full which she claims is warmer than her 3mm shorty since it keeps all her body warm instead of just her core. You see most "vacation" divers form the State wearing about them same if not just swimming shorts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom