November in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all,
Looking forward to my first visit to Cozumel November 17-24th. Staying at Cozulemeno and diving with Sand Dollar. Any tips on favourite dive sites or helpful hints on local attractions are appreciated!
Welcome Steve!! Prepare to be addicted! Everyone has favorite dive sites (mine are Columbia Shallows & Palancar Bricks) but it's hard to find a bad spot to dive!

Check Christi's 'sticky' at the top of the Cozumel forum for lots of good info on restaurants, etc. And maybe we'll see you on island!!

four more days to go,
four more days to go,
Kat's bags are packed,
she's waitin on the plane,
Just 4 more days to go.
I never thought I'd say this because I'm a true Buckeye..but GO BLUE !!!!!!!!!!!!:D

four more days to go,
four more days to go,
Kat's bags are packed,
she's waitin on the plane,
Just 4 more days to go.
I never thought I'd say this because I'm a true Buckeye..but GO BLUE !!!!!!!!!!!!:D

LOL! I woke up this morning at 4:00 AM, guess it was a practice run for catching our Wednesday morning plane!!

I have to say, as a Longhorn, I'm NOT a big Buckeye fan ..... but when it comes to you, Pidgiepoo, I guess I have to make an exception! :winky:

Thanks Kat,
I am sure that I will enjoy it. I haven't been under water for 6 months so am just excited to be back with the gear on. I will definitely request the dive sites you mentioned. The dive shop mentioned that Devils Throat was a good dive. Any thoughts? As I am new to the Island I will be out exploring so maybe our paths will cross.

Looks like another banner day .... 6 more heading to Coz!!! Including atatt on her 6:00 AM flight!!:D
(Sad to say, 7 are going green and coming home!!)

:bounce2::bounce::bounce3::bounce2::bounce4: :bounce: :bounce3::bounce2::bounce4:

10/23 - 11/02 - blue steal & non-diving wife, Blue Angel Resort, Blue Angel
10-27 - 11/03 - Scubasteve1982 - going solo, Suites Bahia, Blue XT-Sea
10/28 - 11/04 - tcdamsel & SingleDivers, Casa del Mar, Del Mar Aquatics
10/25 - 11/05 - Susanita & non-diving fam, Las Ventanas, Scuba with Alison
10/30 - 11/05 - Mandyw - Blue Angel Resort, Blue Angel
10/30 - 11/06 - Okc_diver - Hotel Cozumel, diving ???
10/29 - 11/08 - azscubadude- going solo, Scuba Club Cozumel, Scuba Club Cozumel

11/03 - 11/10 - matthew hoy w/non-diving mom, Park Royal, Scuba Mau
11/06 - 11/11 - Scubagal & hubby, Hotel Barracuda, Deep Blue
11/05 - 11/12 - Brian Sharpe - w/ dive buddy, El Cozulemeno, diving ???
11/06 - 11/12 - loudives - staying Barracuda, Diving with Raul at Bottomtime
11/04 - 11/13 - ColoDale & wife Lorie w/2 friends, Wyndham Reef Regency, Bottom Time Divers
11/06 - 11/13 -cutty -Iberostar, Dressel
11/06 - 11/13 -Fin59 & Dive-Ho, Hotel Cozumel, Dive with Martin
11/06 - 11/13 - selo Casa Mexicana, Blue XT Sea
11/06 - 11/13 - ringmod65 & non-diving wife, Occidental Grand, Dive Palancar (& mainland cenotes w/Cenote Xperience)
11/06 - 11/13 - stano - Iberostar, Aldora
11/06 - 11/13 - njcfm & fiancee, Wyndham Maya in Playa del Carmen, diving ???
11/06 - 11/14 - fishin42 & wife, Hotel Cozumel, Dive with Martin & Scuba Mau
11/08 - 11/15 - kentmorrdave - Villablanca, Living Underwater
11/08 - 11/15 - olphart - Wyndham/Sabor, Pelagic Ventures & Sand Dollar
11/08 - 11/15 - muzikbiz22 - Hotel Cozumel, Dive Paradise
11/11 - 11/15 - Tmack & GF, Occidental Grand, diving ????
11/03 - 11/17 - crunchcom - Occidental Grand, Aldora
11/10 - 11/17 - WavyGravy - Blue Angel Resort, Blue Angel
11/04 - 11/19 - la_diver & Wife, El Cid La Ceiba, Babeica
11/12 - 11/19 - 84turboz - Villablanca, Dive with Martin & Scuba Mau
11/12 - 11/?? - Darol -Hotel Cozumel, diving ???
11/08 - 11/22 - jbjclj(Jay) & Cheryl, Park Royal, Living Underwater & BlueXTSea
11/02 - 11/23 - John Doc & wife, Occidental, Dive Palancar & ???
11/13 - 11/13 - rivers - cruise ship, diving ???
11/13 - 11/17 - nate81 - Iberostar, Dressel Divers
11/13 - 11/21 - raoulsttexas & wife, Condumel, Aqua Safari
11/13 - 11/21 - HowDidIGetIntoThis? & daughter (Coz virgins), Casa Mexicana, Chucho Nunez
11/13 - 11/23 - daran- Blue Angel Resort, ScubaTony
11/13 - 11/26 - atatt & Don, Cozumel Palace, Scuba Mau
11/15 - 03/26 - MMM - at my house, Living Underwater
11/15 - 11/20 - Aspendiver - Fiesta Americana, Dive House
11/17 - 11/24 - Diver Kat & Alan, Fiesta Americana, Scuba with Alison
11/17 - 11/24 - Fernie - Iberostar, diving ???
11/17 - 11/24 - stevep4444Cozulemeno, Sand Dollar
11/18 - 11/24 - Tunaman68 w/daughter & Tunabrother, Blue Angel Resort, Blue Angel
11/20 - 11/27 - pjhansman & wife, Blue Angel Resort, Blue Angel
11/21 - 11/20 - boscobc & Company, El Cid, diving ???
11/24 - 11/28 - scubavaquera - in town, Dive Paradise
11/24 - 12/05 - cppike79 & buddy, Cozumeleno & Amaranto B&B, Dive with Martin
11/27 - 11/27 - rivers - cruise ship, diving ???
11/27 - 12/04 - pelagic_by_nature & wife, Casa del Mar, Probably Aldora
11/27 - 12/04 - baystr & non-diving wife w/LDS group, Scuba Club Cozumel
11/27 - 12/04 - greylion & wife Sue w/ 2 friends, Casa Susan - Palmar Condos, Blue XTSea
11/27 - 12/04 - kjay, w/wife & 2 friends - Sabor Wyndham, Dive with Martin
11/27 - 12/04 - catskill diver & wife, Flamingo Hotel, Diving with Sergio
11/28 - 12/05 - graphx & fiance, The Royal Playa Del Carmen, diving ???
11/28 - 12/10 - Colin Gray w/non-diving wife & 2 friends, Iberostar, CG & wife -Dressel Divers, friends - Dive with Martin

Last edited:
LOL! I have to say, as a Longhorn, I'm NOT a big Buckeye fan ..... but when it comes to you, Pidgiepoo, I guess I have to make an exception! :winky:

Well...back at ya..I'm not a Longhorn fan but I'll make sure my two Longhorn fingers are UPRIGHT around you.Hang em horns !!:rofl3:

So it has come to my attention that the "festivities" for the Ironman start a few days before the race. Can any of you Coz regulars tell me if this will cause issues with crowding (any worse than the multiple cruise ship days) or make it tough to get into restaurants?

Not that I really care a whole lot.....may just need to make reservations. I'm hoping to spend a whole lot more of my time underwater then wandering the streets anyway. :D

And I'm on the 10am flight out.....doesn't get much better then that.

I'll be racing in the Ironman event in two weeks and I really don't expect you'll have much to worry about in terms of crowding. There should be around 2200 athletes (plus family members) for the race, and I would guess that most of them wont be on the island until probably Thursday.

In terms of pre race festivities there really isnt all that much going on, aside from some standard athlete check in and pre race dinner events that will all take place at the Convention Center in town, and maybe a couple practice swims at Chankanaab park. Also I doubt you'll find too many of the athletes out being real adventurous with their eating the few days before the race, most of us like to stick to a routine those days leading up to race day.

However, on race day (the 28th) many of the roads will be closed down and from what I understand there will be many locals out supporting the racers. If you get a chance wander down the finish line late Sunday night and watch/support some of the late finishers, it really is a great experience watching people finish these events.

Thanks,

Brian

Back at home here on the acreage. Regina airport is fogged in. Am now trying to rearrange travel plans as the flight to Coz is weekly... Yikes.

-----

Well that was just more fun than a barrel of monkeys. After several conversations and hours of being on hold later, I am redirected to fly to Houston on Air Canada, overnight there, change to Continental and reach Coz Monday. The previous Toronto connection was so much better as no airline changes or overnights. Oh well, at least I get there.

Last edited:
Back at home here on the acreage. Regina airport is fogged in. Am now trying to rearrange travel plans as the flight to Coz is weekly... Yikes.

-----

Well that was just more fun than a barrel of monkeys. After several conversations and hours of being on hold later, I am redirected to fly to Houston on Air Canada, overnight there, change to Continental and reach Coz Monday. The previous Toronto connection was so much better as no airline changes or overnights. Oh well, at least I get there.

SO sorry to hear that! But glad you'll get there without having to wait a week! I've updated you to the 15th on the list. Maybe we'll get a chance to meet?? Group dinner looks like it's about set for Monday 11/22, 6:30, Parillla Mission on 30th. Come if you can!! Would love to put a face to a name!!

-----

Don't worry - amazing diving is waiting for you when you get here. I'm having a great time diving out of the Blue Angel.