Now is the time to visit Iceland and the world famous Silfra

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Since the collapse of the bank system in Iceland there has never been a better time than now to visit Iceland for divers and snorkelers alike.

Due to the currency exchange rate you will get your money worth with the tour operators in Iceland.

Hi everyone. My name is Finni and I am the owner of Scuba Iceland. You are welcome to contact us for dive in Silfra and we will take EXTRA good care of you.

Please visit our website Scuba Iceland - Home or snorkeliceland.com - Snorkeliceland.com

You can send me a email at finni@scubaiceland.com or call me at +354 892 1923

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Tempting, very tempting.

Silfra_cathedral_Peter_R2.jpg

silfra2.jpg

I'm not at all tempted. As long as Iceland is a whaling nation, I will never
set foot in your country.

While I'm trying to allocate some unused budget, why not post some pix you've taken there.

I'm sure you have plenty that are worth viewing... :D

That is a good Idea... I am a dumb blonde when it come to computers but I will try to post pics here:):)

Attachments

• twodivers.jpg
    twodivers.jpg
    388.8 KB · Views: 150
  • finni.jpg
    finni.jpg
    392.6 KB · Views: 129
  • Hraunið.jpg
    Hraunið.jpg
    422.8 KB · Views: 210
  • Easy stigi.jpg
    Easy stigi.jpg
    404 KB · Views: 119
Hi Finni

Can you give us some more information on diving in Iceland, thanks.

In regards to Silfra, can you dive it in one dive eg the cathedral part and lagoon part?
Or do you need 2 dives.
depth, temps, viz, what to see there?

On your site you have a dive to Strytan. Can you tell us about this dive?
How far is it from the capital. Viz, whats there, are there currents etc.

On the dive to the volcano Askja, how are from the capital, viz, whats there etc.

Iceland looks like it has some good diving.
If you did these three dives can you do it over 1 day or 2 days or would you need 3 days

tracy

Great thread, was just what I was looking for.

I am thinking of making a trip out that way in late February/early March for Bjórdagurinn, hows the diving at that time?

Also, how cold is the water that time of the year? I know it will be cold, but HOW cold? I am used to diving in Hawaii, so I don't have much cold water experience other than inland lakes in the Midwest, so ice diving is out of the question.

Thanks in advance.

We've half planned it twice - and both times the ferry ( Norrona ) changed its sailing schedule making it very complicated to get there from Scotland - is flying/diving/car hire a realistic possibility - and can it be co-ordinated with sea-kayak trips - hence the ferry being ideal!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom