O-Ring Average Life!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SalilSahani

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello Everybody,

Can Anyone tell Me Regarding Ikelite O-Rings - How Long do They Last ? Say if they are Kept in Cool Dry Place Maintained Properly then How Long do they last Or After How Many dives is it Advisable to Replace them ?

Also is the Metal Used on the Dual Sync Cords and those on the Housing Connecters for the Cords of the Same Material or Are they Different ?

Thankyou

I have Ikelite housings dating back to '95.
I've yet to need an o-ring replacement.
If the housing's going to be out of the water for more than a few days I take the o-ring out, clean it and silicone it and keep it in a ziplock inside the housing.
So far, even the oldest one looks brand new.
I haven't done a thing for the o-rings around the control shafts; no leaks so far.
Rick

Zip Lock Bags The Material is Plastic Right ?
Yes they are. Just your regular plastic storage bag - something to keep dust off.
The only time I know of where someone's needed to replace one is when they've pinched one when closing the case with the o-ring not seated in the right groove.
Rick

Back
Top Bottom