O-ring size for rubber pullover dry gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

elgoog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just ordered the rubber pullover dry gloves and associated rings from DRIS for use with my DUI with ZipSeals. I saw some posts and videos which mentioned an O-ring can be pulled on to the ring after the glove has already been pulled on. It looked like this is not required but could add an additional layer of locking for the seal.
If anyone is doing this, what size O-ring is normally used here? I was thinking of getting some as it seems like a cheap and easy way to add some insurance.

Thanks in advance,
elgoog

Interested myself. I use that system, and reached out to DRIS to see if they had anything. They said "yes", and I ordered 4 rings (two for spares). Well, what they sold me doesn't fit. They are, IIRC, the inner seal ring for Whites... wasn't worth the hassle to return them...

FWIW, the only time I have issues, is from jumping it. The rapid movement of air seems to "burp" them, and sometimes moves them on the ring. I was pondering making some bungie loops....

The gloves are "hard enough" to put on, getting a ring on too after with some thick insulation under them makes me wonder...

Well, what they sold me doesn't fit.
Didn't fit your suit or your hand?

The gloves are "hard enough" to put on, getting a ring on too after with some thick insulation under them makes me wonder...
This was the best video I found to put on this type of glove - are you using a similar method? I know it's for Viking gloves but they look almost the same. I'm not planning on using very thick liners so I'm guessing putting them on will be easier.

o-ring did not fit on the cuff....

40 degree water "needs" thick liners..... dexterity is compromised. Not impossible, but it takes a bit of focus.

Mike:

That's them. Same label says "Glove Retention Ring", line 2 says "Whites" & "Black". Line 3 is "611956".

They are just too small to go on the cuff.... or too strong to stretch over... I envisioned rolling/stretching the o-ring over the glove into the chamfer on the outer ring as part of suiting up in the field.

These rings don't stretch at all..

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom