O2 + CO analyzer choices.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bump.
Haven't been on this board for a little while. Any new development in O2 / CO combo meter?

---------- Post added February 22nd, 2015 at 08:52 AM ----------

Been reading the forums and googling and found a sensorcon CO analyzers are fairly cheap. There's already one or more topics running on Sensorcon.

Looking at Sensorcon CO analyzer and NitronBuddy O2 analyzer, it looks like the Nitroxbuddy BC adapter could be successfully used with both of these testers??

One think that's not clear about Sensorcon is that their sensors do not require replacement but just re-calibration every few years. I went through their site and FAQ and that is the only info I could find. AFAIK there are 2 types of CO sensors: cheaper chemical sensor (which will have to be replaced every so often) and an expensive electrolytic type.
Sensorcon being the cheapest CO analyzer must have the cheapest, chemical sensor but it's they need replacement??? Confused.
I shoot them an email asking to clarify so will see what they say.

---------- Post added February 22nd, 2015 at 09:02 AM ----------

OK, Sensorcon uses a chemical sensor, how come they don't need replacement but only calibration every few years?:confused:
Waiting for their reply.

COOtwo: smartphone controlled, dual-gas Oxygen and Carbon Monoxide analyzer for SCUBA divers.
Coming soon to your gear bag :wink:

divenav_cootwo_2_560.jpg

COOtwo: smartphone controlled, dual-gas Oxygen and Carbon Monoxide analyzer for SCUBA divers.

This I will buy. I don't like having to carry a smartphone for the other stuff, but I'll bite the bullet for this. Nice job.

Nice If I didnt have a setup for that I would give it a serious look. However when you come up with a trimix version Ill be all over that.

Damn it DiveNav! I had just about decided what I was going to buy for my O2 and CO analyzing needs, and now you ruined my plans! Any guess when this will be available? Will there be a KickStarter campaign for it?

Do you have a target retail price?

Damn it DiveNav! I had just about decided what I was going to buy for my O2 and CO analyzing needs, and now you ruined my plans!
I am sorry :depressed:

.... Will there be a KickStarter campaign for it?
Yes. We expect to begin the campaign in a couple of weeks.

---------- Post added June 4th, 2015 at 08:59 AM ----------

..... But come up with the HE analyzer and I'm in also.
Hi Jim, it is unlikely that we will have any time soon an He analyzer for 3 reasons: a) market is very small, b) He sensors consume too much power and c) He sensors are so damn expensive (if you can find them).

---------- Post added June 4th, 2015 at 09:02 AM ----------

Do you have a target retail price?
$249.99 for the version without O2 sensor (you can add your own). Will be $199 on Kickstarter
$299.99 for the full version. Will be $249 on Kickstarter
$349.99 for the Deluxe version (it includes low pressure adapter and carrying case). Will be $299 on Kickstarter

---------- Post added June 4th, 2015 at 09:05 AM ----------

This I will buy. I don't like having to carry a smartphone for the other stuff, but I'll bite the bullet for this. Nice job.
COOtwo can be used also in stand-alone mode (no smartphone required - unless you want/need to change some settings and/or calibrate it).
You can retrieve the analysis logs later on when you connect it to your smartphone.

Last edited:
looking forward to the campaign....

---------- Post added June 4th, 2015 at 12:09 PM ----------

..... anybody want to buy a NitroxBuddy???

What is the C0 calibration required? My sensorcon is 180 days with 50 ppm C0.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom