O2 + CO analyzer choices.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seems so straight forward, why haven't the two been combined before?

The dive industry is not very good with innovation; copying with slight changes is always safer, and is the norm.
The innovators stand out...DiveNav is one.

The dive industry is not very good with innovation; copying with slight changes is always safer, and is the norm.
The innovators stand out...DiveNav is one.

Thought this might be of interest...

All Innovations Are Not Created Equal

What type of innovation - Sustaining, Breakout, or Disruptive - do folks think the cootwo represents?

Breakout.

I'd say it's a 50/50 of sustaining and breakout if that's possible,....

I just wish that it could do calibration without requiring the smart phone present. It seems that it will report all of the readings and log things entirely by itself, but calibration requires assistance from the smartphone. I'd prefer to leave my phone on shore and this requiremet for calibration makes life more difficult.

......The innovators stand out...DiveNav is one.
You made my day:D

---------- Post added July 9th, 2015 at 08:00 AM ----------

..... What type of innovation - Sustaining, Breakout, or Disruptive - do folks think the cootwo represents?
Sustaiptive :confused:

---------- Post added July 9th, 2015 at 08:07 AM ----------

..... Most seemed to require frequent calibration ......
The main reason for the need of user calibration is the aging of the CO sensor (it is a chemical device after all).

..... calibration .... which was apparently somewhat awkward......
We just made an agreement with one of the largest supplier of calibration gasses and we will be able to provide a bump-it 20 ppm CO calibration gas. (If we get to the $80k stretch goal it will be free to every backer ($199 and up).... but I doubt it is going to happen as there is only one week left :depressed:)

..... I've got high hopes for this beastie. (-;
We too :wink:

---------- Post added July 9th, 2015 at 08:11 AM ----------

I just wish that it could do calibration without requiring the smart phone present. It seems that it will report all of the readings and log things entirely by itself, but calibration requires assistance from the smartphone......
Designing an UI for 1 button and a tiny screen is a nightmare (for the developer and for the user)

.... I'd prefer to leave my phone on shore and this requiremet for calibration makes life more difficult.
You could calibrate the unit before boarding the boat

I'd prefer to leave my phone on shore and this requiremet for calibration makes life more difficult.

Aside from calibrating before you leave shore, my phone, keys and wallet gets swapped with my PDC which rides in a floating dry box once on the boat....

Sustaiptive :confused:

It can't be all three, and if you hope/try for that it will end up being none of them.

There's no reason - if marketed correctly - that the cootwo can't be a major, disruptive innovation that will do phenomenally.

Just need to define the market in which it participates, the target audience, and the value proposition correctly.

If not, it will be a nice little Sustaining Innovation. Maybe a Breakout Innovation.

It can't be all three, and if you hope/try for that it will end up being none of them.

There's no reason - if marketed correctly - that the cootwo can't be a major, disruptive innovation that will do phenomenally.

The reason is it's not going to disrupt the current market behaviour of filling tanks with bad air because that's not the current market behaviour. :no:

The reason is it's not going to disrupt the current market behaviour of filling tanks with bad air because that's not the current market behaviour. :no:

Are you suggesting that dead people don't sue?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom