O2 + CO analyzer choices.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The reason is it's not going to disrupt the current market behaviour of filling tanks with bad air because that's not the current market behaviour. :no:

Sort of like suggesting there's no market for smoke detectors due to the fact that most people don't set their houses on fire.

Last edited:
It can't be all three, and if you hope/try for that it will end up being none of them.....
I know that ... I was joking :D

....There's no reason - if marketed correctly - that the cootwo can't be a major, disruptive innovation that will do phenomenally.....
I am listening ....

.... Just need to define the market in which it participates, the target audience, and the value proposition correctly.....
I think we are good at defining / designing / delivering new products.
The Marketing & Sales department is a bit .... absent .... and might need some help :depressed:

Reactions: RJP
The Marketing & Sales department is a bit .... absent

Hey, you're just launching
And that's just crazy
You've got my number
Call me maybe?!?

:crafty:

Lest this post causes the bubble-gum pop version of that song get stuck in anyone's head, here's a great banjo/tattoo powered bluegrass version...

[video=youtube;w8NmScpfZ54]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8NmScpfZ54[/video]

Hey, you're just launching
And that's just crazy
You've got my number
Call me maybe?!?

:crafty:

Lest this post causes the bubble-gum pop version of that song get stuck in anyone's head, here's a great banjo/tattoo powered bluegrass version...

You're the worst kind of person.....ever...

You're the worst kind of person.....ever...

You'd prefer some hipsters from the Princeton University orchestra?

[video=youtube;VyNkxI8v1c0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyNkxI8v1c0[/video]

Reactions: Jax
You'd prefer some hipsters from the Princeton University orchestra?]

You just keep digging that hole deeper......

Designing an UI for 1 button and a tiny screen is a nightmare (for the developer and for the user)

Of course, you could easily do it with two buttons.. (There is an existance proof..)

Alternately, you could do something like long press takes you to calibration, or to a menu where short press advances and long press selects.. Might not be too awkward so long as it's reasonably simple.

You could calibrate the unit before boarding the boat

Is it valid to calibrate in free open air, then read O2 level in flowing air? I have no idea if the sample gas flowing makes any difference to the sensor. That's how I was instructed to calibrate, using a tank of air, but I'm totally willing to believe that just letting the sensor read in open air is perfectly valid. Then, it has to stay on and the calibration valid long enough to get onto the boat and take a reading of the gas there..

Are you suggesting that dead people don't sue?

I'm suggesting how many diver deaths are caused by bad air.

---------- Post added July 11th, 2015 at 08:44 AM ----------

Sort of like suggesting there's no market for smoke detectors due to the fact that most people don't set their houses on fire.

No, it's like saying smoke detectors rendered the current solution obsolete. You know, firemen with those shiny red trucks and axes and all.

(Edit: I am quoting the definition of disruptive innovation from the above URL, in case that isn't clear.)

I'm suggesting how many diver deaths are caused by bad air.

---------- Post added July 11th, 2015 at 08:44 AM ----------

No, it's like saying smoke detectors rendered the current solution obsolete. You know, firemen with those shiny red trucks and axes and all.

(Edit: I am quoting the definition of disruptive innovation from the above URL, in case that isn't clear.)

Your characterization of "the current market behavior" is a bit off. (ie: Diving with bad air is not a marketplace behavior, nor is letting your house catch fire and burn to the point that firemen with red trucks and axes are the only possible solution.)

Climb out of the box, and take a look around.

:D

Your characterization of "the current market behavior" is a bit off. (ie: Diving with bad air is not a marketplace behavior, nor is letting your house catch fire and burn to the point that firemen with red trucks and axes are the only possible solution.)

Climb out of the box, and take a look around.

:D

Uh-huh. Please explain just what you chose the word "disruptive" to mean when you used it.

Or, in the URL you posted "disruptive" innovation will "disrupt current market behavior by transforming value propositions, rendering current products/services obsolete". So alternatively please explain which current market behaviour a CO analyzer will disrupt in that fashion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom