OC Lobster Diving Spots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

abrown203

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
SNOBORDJON and I are looking to go out tonight or tomorrow night for an end of season hunt.

Most of my lobster hunting has been in San Diego. Could someone recommend a good spot in OC that may have a few left?

Thanks,

-Aaron

Three issues:
1. To find a spot with a little visiblity and small waves.
2. To find someone who is willing to divilge where there might be bugs. Tends to be kind of a secret.
3. IF you find both of the above, call me and lets go diving.

abrown203:
SNOBORDJON and I are looking to go out tonight or tomorrow night for an end of season hunt.

Most of my lobster hunting has been in San Diego. Could someone recommend a good spot in OC that may have a few left?

Thanks,

-Aaron
It doesnt seem like anyone wants to share the love (outside of pasley), come on now.hint.. hint..season ends tuesday at midnight, help us find some bugs!

John

SNOBORDJON:
It doesnt seem like anyone wants to share the love (outside of pasley), come on now.hint.. hint..season ends tuesday at midnight, help us find some bugs!

John
Acutally you can hunt Lobsters all day Wednesday right up to 11:59 P.M Wednesday night. The Season ends Thursday morining at 12:01 a.m.

To Quote the DFG regulation....through the first Wednesday after the 15th of March.
http://www.dfg.ca.gov/news/seasons.html Spiny Lobster: Open 10/2/04 - 3/16/05 Through, means including as I read it.
See the attached JPG for copy right out of the DFG regulations. The link below is the PDF file it came out of.
http://www.dfg.ca.gov/mrd/oceanfish2005.pdf

So who wants to go diving? Palos Verde? Laguna Beach (Deadmans reef)? Malibu?

pasley:
So who wants to go diving? Palos Verde? Laguna Beach (Deadmans reef)? Malibu?

Mel,

I'm game for tomorrow, let me know my tanks are empty.

ice@mctoday.com

Wednesday I'm on the Island Diver.

SNOBORDJON:
Aaron and I are going to go to laguna tomorrow.
Deadman's had a few nice sized bugs that I saw on 3/6/05. Also, before the viz went to crap at Crescent Bay, there were quite a few bugs in between rocks and cracks.
Good luck on the hunt tomorrow.

Phil

SNOBORDJON:
Aaron and I are going to go to laguna tomorrow.

John

Time and location, driving from Glendale so a bit later the better.

I think were meeting at 6 for a 6:30ish dive at crescent

Back
Top Bottom