OC Lobster Diving Spots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looking at one ugly swell model. Swell out of the south with a secondary one from the North West. Todays Shaws Cove was a yellow flag with poor reports of visibility. Since Laguna Sea sports is normally on the visility is better than what I think it is bus, I have to assume it is ugly.

Now to directly answer the question of where to find lobsters.

Guarenteed location: Any dive spot anytime after midnight Thursday morning until the first Saturday after the last Wednesday in September. It never fails that you will see lots of legal bugs right after the season ends.

CAZ042-043-151000- ORANGE COUNTY COASTAL AREAS- SAN DIEGO COUNTY COASTAL AREAS- 200 PM PST MON MAR 14 2005 .TUESDAY... SURF HEIGHT.............3 TO 5 FEET WITH MAX SETS TO 6 FEET. RIP CURRENT POTENTIAL...HIGH. WATER TEMPERATURE.......59 TO 62 DEGREES. REMARKS...INCREASE IN SOUTH SWELL. OUTLOOK FOR WEDNESDAY...2 TO 4 FEET.

Well that kills much of Laguna Beach for diving.

I agree with Mel, if it looks like this tomorrow Malaga Cove might be a better dive.

ICY ICE:
Time and location, driving from Glendale so a bit later the better.
BAD LUCK.
Aaron and I got to the beach to have a look before our dive. Damn, wouldnt you know it, There were five foot + shorebreaks pounding every dive site around laguna. There were big *** waves pitching out, and crashing between seal rock and the rock formations at N Crescent bay. Wild!
Needless to say, no dive attempted.

John (lobsterless)

SNOBORDJON:
BAD LUCK.
Aaron and I got to the beach to have a look before our dive. Damn, wouldnt you know it, There were five foot + shorebreaks pounding every dive site around laguna. There were big *** waves pitching out, and crashing between seal rock and the rock formations at N Crescent bay. Wild!
Needless to say, no dive attempted.

John (lobsterless)
It's ok, really...I went out to San Clemente Island on Saturday (aka Land of the Shorts). WHile I didn't catch any legal bugs, and only saw three that might have been legal, all the females I did catch had sperm sacs on them already. Better to leave them be so we have more in the years to come...

Laurel

ICY ICE:
I agree with Mel, if it looks like this tomorrow Malaga Cove might be a better dive.
Well, we can't always be right. We fared no better with 5 ft or larger waves at Malaga Cove. Except we did get wet and had a very long walk in the water and out. See dive report for details. Based on the swell models, I would have called the dive from home. But, with Scottfiji's recent very successful dive inspite of a swell model predicting doom at Point Dume, and an eye witness reporting no waves and flat ocean at Redondo Beach, we decided to go for it.

Note to self. Always ask eye witness how many beers they have had before you ask them what the water looks like. :11:

John:

I like that Hat! National Champions. That nasty four letter word appeared in my paper today R!%& (rain). This could not only wash out a weekend of diving but wash out the Titans series against Arizona. The basketball team just beat Oregon State in the NIT (in Oregon) Isn't that the team that UCLA could not beat last week in LA?

CA Diver:
John:

I like that Hat! National Champions. That nasty four letter word appeared in my paper today R!%& (rain). This could not only wash out a weekend of diving but wash out the Titans series against Arizona. The basketball team just beat Oregon State in the NIT (in Oregon) Isn't that the team that UCLA could not beat last week in LA?

Right on...yeah hopefully it wont rain much. I will still probobly go this weekend.
I go to most of the fullerton home games, not because I went there, but because the wife and I can ride the beach cruisers to the game from our house. Fun games to watch!

John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom