OC Md. report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paleface

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My son Brandon and I met at a friends house around 8:00 am and set out for the African Queen in 2-3 footers and a chilly 39*. We got hooked in 1st try and Ray thought I should tie us in and he would pull the hook. Brandon and I go down and I tie in for the 1st time. The anchor hook up was not ideal and I tied it in the best that I could. I didnt want to move it because there was no where close and the current was ripping. ( 1st time jitters)
It was not long before Brandon shoots a nice sheeps head in only 10 ft of viz. and we put him on the stringer. While hooking the bolt snap to my d-ring the fish shook out of my hand and off he went with my stringer :-( We surface and tell Ray to keep an eye out for that fish.
Ray goes down for his dive and came up empty with no siting of my stringer. Ray decides he doesnt want to make another dive and asked me to pull the hook. I tell Brandon that I will take him up to his stop,give him my gun and go down to pull the hook.
We go down for the second time and Brandon takes the lead again. The viz was so bad that I cant see in front of him. Brandon sees the sheeps head with my stringer and tries to grab him but it swims off,so he shoots him and we get my stringer back. In short order Brandon gets two nice taug and as I was stalking a huge taug I get a tap on my leg. I turn around and all I see is fish!! Big fish! We decide its time to go up and I go up with Brandon to his stop and return down for the anchor. I untie us and carry the anchor a long way to be sure that when I drop it we dont hook up again. I didnt have a lift bag.
All went well and we returned to shore. What a blast we had together, Brandon is still smiling!!! Keith
IMG_2004.jpgIMG_2001.jpg

Back
Top Bottom