• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Ocean Acidification -- can you see it happening?

Discussion in 'Ocean Conservation' started by WeRtheOcean, Sep 28, 2019.

1. lexvil

lexvil Loggerhead Turtle

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Drought past, no huge reservoir’s to buffer.

How many cat5 hurricanes and frequency.

I prefer to be in the cult of knowledge and probability rather than the cult deniability.

Had a total knee replacement a few years ago, I probably shouldn’t have wasted all that money with the guy who went to school so much, the muffler shop is a lot closer, after I had to wait 33 days to start diving again.

RyanT likes this.
  2. DBPacific

DBPacific Barracuda

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    Sure. Right now we're supposed to be in a cooling cycle. Instead, concentrations of insulating gases such as methane and carbon dioxide and general temperature have been increasing at a completely unprecedented pace.

Other non-human factors that influence climate are volcanic eruptions, El Nino and La Nina cycles, Southern Oscillation, and solar output. Even altogether, those factors can't account for what we're seeing now

RyanT likes this.
  3. KenGordon

KenGordon Rebreather Pilot

Don’t feed the troll.

lexvil and RyanT like this.
  4. tursiops

tursiops Marine Scientist and Master Instructor ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    Best. Advice. Ever.

lexvil and RyanT like this.
  5. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Barracuda

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    We are supposed to be in a cooling cycle? Who decided that this interglacial was officially finished? I guess it's a damn good thing we aren't if you live in the northern US or Canada then.

6. RyanT

RyanT Solo Diver

"Cut, you can't say that they're using facts, 'cause facts are real."

chillyinCanada likes this.
  7. DeepSeaExplorer

DeepSeaExplorer Solo Diver

I dived the reefs off South Florida from 1995 to the present. Over those years, I have certainly watched the reef die, the fish disappear, and algae begin to take over.

I’ve also seen the peak surface water temperatures increase dramatically, from low to mid-80s to 95 in late Summer.

How much is ocean acidification, I don’t know. But, the ocean is definitely under siege from acidification, pollution, nitrate run-off, sewage dumping, over fishing, and a warming ocean.

We’re destroying the environment and killing the ocean. When the ocean dies, it’ll take us with it.

RyanT, greeniguana and lexvil like this.
  8. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Barracuda

Why not just admit that you were making it up and you really can't prove that the interglacial is supposed to be ending? Instead you post a cute video from a TV show that hasn't been funny since Norm MacDonald left. I mean, if you could prove that, you would get the Nobel prize for you work.

9. tursiops

tursiops Marine Scientist and Master Instructor ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    Here is the record of your "contributions" to this thread. Big words that I doubt you understand, disproved assertions, nonsense "facts" and made-up claims about what others have said, trying to get the topic off topic, and personal accusations.

Nice job.

10. DeepSeaExplorer

DeepSeaExplorer Solo Diver

I guess Exxon must be spending their tax cut windfall by hiring people like Rusty to help with the disinformation campaign.

greeniguana, lexvil and RyanT like this.