Ocean Reef Space and Mares V16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i would suggest you NOT go to Leisure Pro, but rather go to your local dealer or ask Welcome to Ocean REEF for the nearest dealer or sales representative. If you all did not hear yet, the internet sites such as LP are not a good source for your gear.
regards and keep safety first
Seriously, it's a chunk of metal. I wouldn't buy a reg from LP, but a piece of metal is a piece of metal. I recommended LP because I had ordered my QR there due to the 1 day ship time for me.

And as for internet sites not being good, check out scubatoys. A+ for customer support, Joe and Larry are awesome, but it takes 5 days for ups ground to get from them to me.

Is there an issue with the Space second stage? We use Scubapro MK 25 first stages. My son and I bought a couple of masks new with the com units and don't dive them often because of the work of breathing and issues we have had. Seems to take alot to "crack" open the first stage. Tuckers me out just to swim with it. I have tried all adjustments I can do. Any suggestions?

I have used mine (since first post) 48x now and have not switch back, even in bonaire i got some weird looks but it works flawlesy and I use about 400-500 less PSI, which I feel is attrib to the ability to breathe though the nose, thus making me breathe calmer. I had my 1st stage turned down to 135 psi according to ocean reef specs.

I have found its best to adjsut the 2nd stage on the surface to 1/4 off Minus and once you are down about 5-10 feet I open it up about 1/2 way , this way its easy to breathe(effortless) and avoids the freeflow when looking down.

As far as issues with breathing I have only had good experiences, I would have your unit checked out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom