Ocean Reef Space and Mares V16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lankeylanx

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know of any complications using the Ocean Reef Space and the Mares V16 1ST Stage?

Thanks for any help!

I can't speak as to that particular 1st stage, but my dad and I have ours off of Oceanic CDX5 first stages and have had no problems. My thought would be if it can run a reg it can run a ffm, since that is essentially a reg that just goes into the mask.

FWIW, we are using the Neptune Space Predators.

FWIW, we are using the Neptune Space Predators.

I have the same - with quick disconnect - connected to a Zeagle IV first stage .... so far so good.

I was thinking to rig a second stage with a quick disconnect device .... so I can exchange "on the fly" from FFM to regular second stage if I need to (of course I need to keep one in my pocket).

Is this a bad idea?

I_AM

I have the same - with quick disconnect - connected to a Zeagle IV first stage .... so far so good.

I was thinking to rig a second stage with a quick disconnect device .... so I can exchange "on the fly" from FFM to regular second stage if I need to (of course I need to keep one in my pocket).

Is this a bad idea?

I_AM
We have the male QDs on our GT3 second stages so we can switch from ffm to standard reg, but we do it on the boat. Thought you could probably do it in the water, I'd be afraid you would drop the 2nd stage.

We have the male QDs on our GT3 second stages so we can switch from ffm to standard reg, but we do it on the boat. Thought you could probably do it in the water, I'd be afraid you would drop the 2nd stage.

Thank You,
so, I am not that crazy .... now I have to figure out where to get male QDs for my second stage ...... any suggestion?

Regards,

I_AM

Thanks for the response's!, I was a little unsure but after finally using with my 1st stage it worked excellent.

i would suggest you NOT go to Leisure Pro, but rather go to your local dealer or ask Welcome to Ocean REEF for the nearest dealer or sales representative. If you all did not hear yet, the internet sites such as LP are not a good source for your gear.
regards and keep safety first

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom