Oceanic AI Transmitter Compatibility

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Oceanic OCi will monitor up to 4 transmitters but it is not the buddy check, meaning it will monitor one at a time and you can switch to a different transmitter during your dive if you are switching to a different bottle. This would be used to switch to a different mix of gas for deco purposes.

Good to know, any idea which model did do the buddy check that still can?

Thanks for setting me straight, I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking this was a buddy check on the OCi.

The Oceanic OCi will monitor up to 4 transmitters but it is not the buddy check, meaning it will monitor one at a time and you can switch to a different transmitter during your dive if you are switching to a different bottle. This would be used to switch to a different mix of gas for deco purposes.

Thanks for the info. When I bought the OCi, I truly did believe that it would do a buddy check. I don't recall why I thought that, but I am certain that I read it somewhere. I would still buy another.

Good to know, any idea which model did do the buddy check that still can?

Thanks for setting me straight, I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking this was a buddy check on the OCi.

Think the Atom 3.0 (not 3.1) is the only one that has the buddy check feature. The feature was removed in November 2011 due to some patent infringement case, if I remember correctly. The OCi came out after the 3.1 had been released (OCi was released in mid-2013 I believe), so it would not have had the buddy check feature.

I'm late to this thread, but had the same question. It's good to know the transmitters for several related brands of PDCs should be interchangeable with my Amphos Air. Given they're the same, is any particular brand of transmitter sell for less than the others?

Well, I ordered an OCi from Leisure Pro on sale and with mil discount for $452 Wednesday. I had already scored a Tx's off eBay from Dolphin Scuba Center for just over $100. So I'm happy with the total price of just over $550. Now if Leisure Pro could just actually ship the thing that would be great.

Back
Top Bottom