Oceanic Atom extra extra read all about it

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubarescuepd

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Ok, here's what i can tell so far,

Oceanic Atom great for tropical waters with high visibility. Ohh and just cause you have high vis, remember the atom has a small screen like a wrist watch, so over time the deeper the more dives you do "Murphy's Law" ya might get narc , and with a small screen as with the Atom WOW think of the possibilities, hell bring alot of back ups... things are already difficult as it is try reading that at depths, why would you make it harder. Holy crap i'm not even gonna mention night diving !!

Atom for cold water, i'd say forgettable it. pushing them buttons with a thick glove ha ha ha ha.. like i said things were tough with some of the other computers, now the Atom!!!

I will say the Atom is a great instructor tool, for pool sessions or open water drills. So ya can't say i'm negative, I do enjoy oceanic products. but the Atom just leaves some things to be desired.

anyways my 2 cents worth. save your money and get yourself 2 vt pro one for me and one for you :) LOL

OK i'm ready for all your drilling......

Just talked to a guy that is one of the testers, he is even wearing it as his watch. He used it on some deep wreck dives and thought it was great. He had no problem reading it at depth or with the functions. You only use one bottom to scroll through the screens unless you are using different mixes. The back light is quite bright and the numbers are plenty big to read at a quick glance. I use the versa pro now and did not think the atom was that much harder to read.

Is pretty sweet.

JB

Scubarescuepd:
Ok, here's what i can tell so far,

Oceanic Atom great for tropical waters with high visibility. Ohh and just cause you have high vis, remember the atom has a small screen like a wrist watch, so over time the deeper the more dives you do "Murphy's Law" ya might get narc , and with a small screen as with the Atom WOW think of the possibilities, hell bring alot of back ups... things are already difficult as it is try reading that at depths, why would you make it harder. Holy crap i'm not even gonna mention night diving !!

Atom for cold water, i'd say forgettable it. pushing them buttons with a thick glove ha ha ha ha.. like i said things were tough with some of the other computers, now the Atom!!!

I will say the Atom is a great instructor tool, for pool sessions or open water drills. So ya can't say i'm negative, I do enjoy oceanic products. but the Atom just leaves some things to be desired.

anyways my 2 cents worth. save your money and get yourself 2 vt pro one for me and one for you :) LOL

OK i'm ready for all your drilling......
Have you actually dived with one?

ScubaRon:
Have you actually dived with one?

ummmm yup a buddy of mine had a test unit.. and like i said that's my personal observation.. some like shell fish others don't i just didn't think this one fit for me for reasons i listed, this is a forum right ?

anyways... dove a pool session and U-853 german sub 130ft off block island. will be diving it again next month at key largo, will give you another opinion if you like from those dives.. and i'll repeat i do enjoy the oceanic products, the atom just didn't suit my taste, again i'd stay with the vt pro for now...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom