Oceanic did it again!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

firstdive2005

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I bought the VT3 in 2006, I had an issue with it while diving in Mexico. To this day I feel it was my fault and I said that in the letter to the warranty people when I sent it in with the explanation of the failure. They blew me away with a new replacement, it was within the warranty period. I was instantly a loyal customer. As well I am a very happy customer with the functions of the VT3 as my diving style changes.
My wife was certified this March in Mexico at Cozumel. I had bought another VT3 as a backup. I let her use it there. When we put her in the water the first time it was stuck on Elevation 2. Our elevation not Cozumels'. When I got back to Edmonton Northwestscuba sent it in for me. It is 1.5 years old. AGAIN Oceanic sent a new one within 4 days. I am so happy about this companys' product backing policy. They are amazing in my eyes. These units are not cheap, I didnt think they where going to give me a new one, maybe try and fix it.
I have told many of my dive friends about this computer and several own them as a result, and are very happy.
Oceanic certainly gives me reason to tell anyone that is interested a story to sell their product. kevin:D

We had the same problem with ALT2 showing up on our VT3 computers while diving Bonaire (2 separate trips). The weird thing was they reset themselves to that mid-trip, so we know it wasn't anything we did. Oceanic replaced both with no questions asked and we haven't had any problems with the new ones at all. We think our original ones were part of a "bad batch" with a programming error.

Back
Top Bottom