Oceanic Dry Valve Technology

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fashionablylate:
Gill,
When this reg first came out, we encountered exactly the same problem that you are describing. It boiled down to a design problem; something about the pathway for airflow is causing a harmonic.
We sent the regulators back to Oceanic, and they replaced them.

This happened just as I came aboard with Oceanic. The first 400 Delta 4/FDX10 shipped, within a couple weeks there were ~6 reports from the field of the "whistle". It was determined to be the DVT. We stopped shipping the Delta 4/FDX10 while the engineers worked the problem. It was never a safety or performance issue but it was annoying for sure! Because of the high demand for the Delta 4 we did ship the unit for a short while with the CDX5 first stage untill the DVT issue was resolved. I'm happy to say that now I have heard no complaints.

If you have an early Delta 4 and it has the noise by all means contact myself or Doug and we'll get you taken care of.

It sound like the poster was among the first to have the problem and Ron solved it with the CDX5 when the issue was still being worked on. If you want to go back to the FDX10 (and I would)let me know.

Best,

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom