Oceanic EOS Swivel Reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe a little brighter colors on the hood and gloves :cool2:. Everything else looks ok. You can get a bungee mount for some of the Oceanic compasses. Check DSS for that.

Hey, hey there, no poking fun at my Nemo beanie with his goggly eyes. He is too rightouse (per my daughter). My hot pink gloves are the only way to go, you should try a pair:) I just can't find a neon wetsuit...yet.

To have EOS 2nd stage comfort swivel remove, you need to replace the entire air tube assembly, and possbily the housing. Find out the cost, and in the meantime, PM Jim for a HOG 2nd stage. You may find the cost of having the EOS swivel removed & service is not any less expansive than a new HOG 2nd stage, which constructs better, breathes better (noticeable at least at initial draw), less dry mouth and better for cold water.

To have EOS 2nd stage comfort swivel remove, you need to replace the entire air tube assembly, and possbily the housing. Find out the cost, and in the meantime, PM Jim for a HOG 2nd stage. You may find the cost of having the EOS swivel removed & service is not any less expansive than a new HOG 2nd stage, which constructs better, breathes better (noticeable at least at initial draw), less dry mouth and better for cold water.

From your post, it sounds as if you have the Hog??? I am guessing that you like it? Have looked at them, as mine do not like the quarry in late fall and early spring when temps are down in the low 50's.
Thanks for the reply.

I know the feeling. :D I guess quite a number of divers (if not all) come to some point in time when they want to have it all perfectly adjusted, fit, fixed, streamlined and so on, especially when you own your gear and it's not rental any more. :glad:

You were saying that some hoses go across your body. What did you mean by that? For example you connect let's say your octo from the left-hand side then it goes under your left arm-pit and then you attach it to your right shoulder's BCD strap which makes it go across your chest?

I also wanted to change my Oceanic's Delta 4 second stage reg to have a swivel (mine does not have) which is the opposite of what you wanted to do. I found it to be simply fantastic to have such a freedom of your head movement in EOS. Do you happen to know if I am just to change the hoses from standard to a swivel? Will that work?

From your post, it sounds as if you have the Hog??? I am guessing that you like it? Have looked at them, as mine do not like the quarry in late fall and early spring when temps are down in the low 50's.
Thanks for the reply.

Yours free flow? I am still new to the HOG, had about 15 ocean dives and 10 pool dives. My local ocean is always in 50 +/-, mine hasn't free flow. My other 2nd stage is Atomic B2. On land, they breath the same. In shallow water before the atomic AFC kick in, I would say the HOG feels a little easier. In deep water water, atomic feel a bit better. Again, this maybe all in my head. According to my non diver GF, both are better than the previous Oceanic NEO.

... I also wanted to change my Oceanic's Delta 4 second stage reg to have a swivel (mine does not have) which is the opposite of what you wanted to do. I found it to be simply fantastic to have such a freedom of your head movement in EOS. Do you happen to know if I am just to change the hoses from standard to a swivel? Will that work?

Yes, it will work. The new swivel comes at about US$ 30 in our local dive shop including installation. There is no need to change any hoses, the standard ones perfectly fit. I mean if the models and makes are all Oceanic.

Back
Top Bottom