Oceanic gdi2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

roimi99

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I found a computer...the oceanic gdi2. Does anyone know of it? Is it good? Thank you!

Hi roimi99,

The Oceanic Data Trans is a relatively early wireless AI computer. I believe it came out in the mid-1990s and was replaced by the Data Trans Plus, I believe early 2000s. It uses the DSAT decompression algorithm. The owner's manual is still available online if you search "Oceanic Data Trans". If it is working up to spec, it would probably serve fine. Some of my oldest Oceanic computers finally had the pressure sensor go out of calibration and sometimes register altitude instead of sea level. This adversely affected the decompression algorithm and gave shorter NDLs. I would probably be somewhat concerned over the age of the computer and its performance. Have you dived it?

Good luck

Hi roimi99,

The Oceanic Data Trans is a relatively early wireless AI computer. I believe it came out in the mid-1990s and was replaced by the Data Trans Plus, I believe early 2000s. It uses the DSAT decompression algorithm. The owner's manual is still available online if you search "Oceanic Data Trans". If it is working up to spec, it would probably serve fine. Some of my oldest Oceanic computers finally had the pressure sensor go out of calibration and sometimes register altitude instead of sea level. This adversely affected the decompression algorithm and gave shorter NDLs. I would probably be somewhat concerned over the age of the computer and its performance. Have you dived it?

Good luck

No...I was planning to buy it (if it is any good)

I looked very briefly at the owner's manuals for the Data Trans and Data Trans Plus. I don't believe the former is nitrox capable whereas the latter is. That would make the Data Trans useless to me

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom