Oceanic GEO 2.0 vs Uwatec Aladin 2G wrist

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

weaver9710

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm having a difficult time decided between the two computers. I'm a recreational vacation diver. 20-30 dives a year. Does anyone have any input on whether one is better than the other? They are very close in price even though the Oceanic list price is much higher.

There are quite few differences between the 2 models, but I would say the biggest one is the form factor: the Geo 2.0 is a watch style while the Aladin 2G is a wrist style. What form factor do you want?
The video below explains the difference between the various form factors:

[video=youtube;QpblukbVUlI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpblukbVUlI[/video]​

If you want to see the Geo 2.0 and / or the Aladin 2G in action take them for a virtual dive with our simulator or take the related online classes.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Depends,
The Aladin is now rebranded Subgear XP10 at 250$
The TEC2G is still uwatec in the 400$ mark.

Since both are good computers, I'd go with the uwatec. Oceanice PC kit = 90$ random irDA adapter =20$
Why pay more?

Also, the GEO is like a watch while the Uwatec is a Puck in a bracelet. You can put it in a mount, in a console etc etc.
While the GEO is stuck as a watch. I'd also buy the Uwatec for the form factor. It's kinda hard/annoying to put a watch bracelet over a wetsuit/drysuit.

.....The Aladin is now rebranded Subgear XP10 at 250$....
Actually that is not correct: the Aladin 2G and the XP-10 are 2 different products.
As an example the Aladin 2G has Deep Stops and 2 gasses while the XP-10 does not.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Most SP shop around here have no Aladin 2G.
It's either the XP10 or the TEC 2G

I'm sorry, but changing the coloring, changing the brand, lowering the price and removing one feature to make people buy the more expensive one is just plain re-branding.

To be technically correctly we shall call it "pretty damn similar to the point it's ALMOST useless to call them different".
:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom