Oceanic OC1 or Suunto D9 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Topper1972

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I had actually decided to get myself the Suunto D9 Titanium.

But then the Oceanic OC1 came upon the market...at a comparable price (but without the possibility for a metal strap).

The Suunto D9 I can get locally...which I prefer with regards to warranty and service.
The Oceanic OC1 so far only seems to be available through the internet.

Which one should I get...should I stick to the old Suunto D9?...or is the new Oceanic OC1 a better buy?

What I want is:
- a wrist style dive computer that can double as ok-looking everyday watch
- an inbuilt compass seems rather a nifty feature for travel, hiking and diving
- the next 12 months I will be doing a lot of travel and diving...the diving will almost exclusively be in tropical waters

I actually think that the Suunto D9 is the best looking...but if the Oceanic OC1 is a much better dive computer (after all it is the newest) I will probably go Oceanic.

So...the old Suunto D9?...or the brand new Oceanic OC1??

Mmmmmm OC1....We have a couple at the shop. Easy to use menu system(finally), Compass stays on longer than the D9 and the display shows your depth too(I believe D9 does not show depth, only compass...huge headache while navigating to not know your depth and press another button), the option to switch between conservative gas theories, both have pretty good battery life, both have similar displays, Oc1 looks cooler and has a higher tilt degree for the compass....Mmmmmm OC1

I'm sure you will be more than happy with either once you actually get it. Goodluck and let us know if we can help with more questions :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom