Oceanic pro plus 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I purchased one for me, then I bought the same computer for my two kids. I LOVE the big letters and numbers, reading the computer is easy for me, and it seems everyone who is within 50 feet. :) Make sure you understand the settings and are comfortable with certain alarms. I put a 60 foot limit on my daughter when she was a new diver and she strayed to 62 feet, we sort of made friends with everyone on the dive boat since everyone for about 500 feet heard her audible alarm. So be warned that you'll get to know every audible. When any of us ascend too fast we get an alarm, etc. etc. etc.

I love this computer.

It essentially means you cannot desend and ascend in the proper horizonal trim position...

Nonsense. I've used an older Pro Plus for years now and I can most certainly use it in a horizontal position.

-Charles

I have used mine for 4 years and love it! Very easy to use.

I got one while I was deployed to Iraq. I had heard alot of great things about them. I have used it once on my trip to Key West and I was a great PDC everyone on the boat thought that it was one of the best that they have seen.

I loved mine. I bought one for me and one for my wife. I've since moved onto technical diving and now use multi-gas deco computers, so I haven't used my Pro Plus in a couple of years. Let me know if you want a used one and I'll hook you up.

Cheers,
Jeff
Hi Jeff, My name is Mike and my diving is pretty "low tech". I am far-sighted and the Oceanic Pro Plus would be a great upgrade from my "old reliable" Sherwood "hockey puck" style computer. However, we are on a strict budget right now and am not sure whether purchasing this computer would be living beyond our means. Please e-mail me with specifics on the unit and a ballpark asking price, if you have one. I look forward to hearing from you. Happy Diving, ---M. Cohen

I just purchased one and find the computer is excellent! However, the Oceanlog software is painful and is still not working to upload dives. Oceanic could take some tips from Smartrak used by Uwatec.

Back
Top Bottom