Oceanic Pro Plus Diver Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NCScubaVol

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Other than the price and a quick disconnect, what is the difference between the Oceanic Pro Plus 2.1 and 3.0? I know the 2.1 is discontinued, but they are still available on the market. I sent Oceanic the same question a week ago and have not heard back from them. I appreciate your help.

Robert

Quick disconnect is not even a difference. You can get the Pro Plus 2.1 with or without quick disconnect. Just like the 3. I haven't used the 3, but used a 2 for many dives. Great computer and easy to learn UI. That was a big part of what kept me with Oceanic for a DC. Currently using a VT 4.

I scrolled through the 3 description to see what the difference could be. Looks like the main difference is that the 3 offers dual algorithm (DSAT and PZ+) while the 2 only has one (DSAT, IIRC). That can be useful if you want to try to match your algorithm closer to your buddies' computers.

If you want to download your dives, a QD makes that a whole lot easier.

.....If you want to download your dives, a QD makes that a whole lot easier.
A DCbuddy is even better as you do not have to remove the computer from your rig at all :D

Have a friend that's been diving a 2.1 for many years. He loves it. Just don't drop a steel tank on it..... Oooops..my bad...

I had the same question about the Pro Plus 2.1 and the 3 ,I was told the differences are, the 3 has dual algorithms ,the 3 also does 2 nitrox mixes up to 100 percent, Pro Plus 2 only does 1 up to 50 percent,Pro plus 3 has a slightly larger screen.

I have the 2.1 and love it. If you're looking to decide which of the two to buy, it'll save you a couple hundred going with the 2.1 and there's really nothing wrong with it... It's just yesterday's model.

Thanks everyone for the info/replies. From what I have determined, the 3 is good for divers using the PZ+ algorithm on repetitive daily dives like on a live aboard. Well, that's not me anymore. I'm used to the DSAT algoritm on my Suunto Cobra so I'll be looking for a deal on the Oceanic 2.1 model. Why? It's getting harder for me to see the numbers on my Suunto and I will be parting with it soon.

Robert

I also have a problem seeing my Suunto. I tried the Galileo Luna and i loved it,but i couldn't see the smaller numbers.I pulled the plug and ordered the Oceanic Pro Plus 3,only because the 2.1 is the same price at my local shop and also from what i found on line. Had the 2.1 been cheaper i would have went with that.

I have the 2.0 and love it. On a recent dive trip a mate had a 3.0 and it does not show as much on the screen as mine/ You had to switch screens. I think it didn't show O2 loading. Check the manuals online and see what is on the main screens. Also I found the older versions much more intuitive to use.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom